Lumia 800 and Windows 8 (*NOT* Windows Phone 8)

dronkula

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I was thinking of taking advantage of the MS deal to get the Windows 8 for the sale price before they bump the price back up to normal at the end of the month. Before I do that though, I wanted to check if there's any problems with Windows 8 syncing with the older Windows Phone 7 Lumia 800.

I heard that Zune doesn't work in Windows 8 but there's an app that replaces it - does that app work with the older phones or just with Windows Phone 8 devices?

Anyone got any feedback?

mark nt

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have windows 8 on my laptop and use a lumia 800 and I am still using Zune on this laptop and all works well, you just need to use Zune in desktop mode

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I have windows 8 on my laptop and use a lumia 800 and I am still using Zune on this laptop and all works well, you just need to use Zune in desktop mode

Can you not add a Zune tile? I am in the process of upgrading but hesitant to install it now for a similar reason...I also have a Zune MP3 player and Xbox music apparently does not support the device.

Also, if you listen to podcasts, were all of the ones you subscribe to kept or do you have to re-subscribe to them all?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05