Just my luck....

Sario27

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Well 1 day after posting the Find my phone issues thread, my phone has been stolen/lost, and just my luck I was power cycling the phone and the it had died while I was out.... I had only owned the phone for exactly 1 week and 6 days, and again just my luck decided not to get the insurance this time around to save a few bucks a month.. Since I never used it on my last phone.. My only hope is that the person who took/found my phone turns it on without replacing the SIM so that maybe I can track it on windowsphone.com. It's been 3 days and I'm loosing hope... This honestly was the best phone I have ever owned, having had an iPhone, and an Android I don't want to go back to either of those.. However I also don't want to pay 500 dollars for another Lumia 810, or any other Windows 8 phone.. I guess I could always go for a Windows 7.5 or 7.8.. Its just a shame.. :/ Any Suggestions?

sravanv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming you live in the US because you mentioned 500 dollars...your best bet is to check out Craigslist for a Lumia 810 or 8X. Around my area 810s are going for 300-400. Sorry to hear about your loss :(.

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
wow... I'm really sorry to hear about your stolen 920 :(

you could maybe buy a Lumia 620? Would be the best option to still have wp8, the nokia apps and pay less then 300$

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that my Windows phone brother from another mother. You have my deepest sympathy and I will say a prayer for you. Try eBay might be able to find someone who doesn't like it and just wants to get rid of it, ya never no.

kbagrows

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I echo the above sentiments. Try eBay or Craigslist. My local Craigslist has one seller asking for $250 for his 810 - not bad. If that's too steep, consider a Windows 7 phone. I bet you could get a 710 or an HTC Radar for about $100. In fact, I upgraded from my Radar to an 810. If you decide you're interested in a Radar, shoot me a PM.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
That sucks. Sorry to hear this happened to you. :( I know the feeling - somewhat. I lost a phone I loved in early 2011 at a crowded BJ's store. Didn't even realize it was gone until I walked out of the store and checked my pocket for a coupon I forgot to use for something I'd bought (it was a tiny phone and was in that same pocket). I never found it. I had to run to a T-Mobile store afterward to buy a new phone, although in my case, I was lucky that my contract had just expired and I got it cheap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos