If you have a wireless charging back - this case will fit

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I was looking for a case that would fit our phones (both have wireless charging back). I was not interested in just the silicone ones from VZW. Primarily my wife wanted a case...

So I went to Ebay and found a "hybrid" case that is a soft core + shell for $6. I was ready to cut into it with a razor in case I needed to get a good fit but - surprisingly, perhaps, it seems to fit fine without modification also? It does take a bit to tuck it all in properly (and make sure to insert the bottom of the phone first into the hard shell part) but it seems to work.

It is definitely bulkier with it, of course. But it is easy to take off in case you need to. Phone charges right through it, no problems.

If you search for 'Lumia 822 Hard Mesh Hybrid Case' on Ebay - you'll find them, in variety of colors.

Would be interested to see if others have found options that fit with wireless charging back also...

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have that same case. Along with my OtterBox, Incipio Feather, and (currently using) Trident Aegis. While I do like the Hybrid case (I like the deeper blue better than the blues of the Feather and Aegis), the one drawback that it has in my opinion is that when you're not looking at the phone, the buttons are harder to find. I like how the OtterBox and the Aegis have buttons that rise up, and can be easily felt.

That said, if you're looking for a case that is attractive, very inexpensive compared to others, and offers good protection, the Mesh Hybrid case is a good buy. And yes, put the bottom into the hard case first as suggested by bigboy29, and make sure you tuck the rubbery part into the right places of the hard part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle