8779 Update Is Here, But Is 8858? Updated!

niyoko

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm eagerly waiting for any update news for my IS12T, but news is very few and far between for our phone. I'd say no existent. It gets worse as NTT DoCoMo has announced their Spring 2013 phone line up with no announcement of any phone with Microsoft software. The market for Windows Phone devices is about the worst of any of the major countries. We have no Nokia, not too surprising, and no Samsung. The lack of any Samsung device is interesting. The Galaxy S3 "alpha" is consistently promoted by DoCoMo. Luckily there is some good news that I can shed for IS12T owners.

After the recent announcement by WPCentral regarding the imminent release of the 7.8 update for windows phone, there was a follow up article instructing users how to to force the update, Forcing the Windows Phone 7.8 update: Camera button not required but patience is | Windows Phone Central. I have gone through this and can confirm that it does work to get a phone update, but the update I received was 8779. The 8779 update was noted in the tutorial, so that was normal. I was able to successfully update my phone up to 7.10.8779.8.

At the time of this post, I have not been able to get the 8858, but I'm still trying. I will post further updates on my progress.

Last edited:

niyoko

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Update:
I got time to try updating to 8858.136 again. I still haven't gotten the update through the normal process, so I'm assuming that au is pushing it out over time. I don't feel like waiting for AU while it drags its feet.

I went back to forcing the update with better success. I got another update notice, but it wasn't 8858. It was 8783.12! I was very shocked, because this update includes some of the "...support for phones without physical camera buttons" update that I thought was in 8858.

I'm going to try again for 8858.

Last edited:

niyoko

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Updated:
Got it. Using the method described on WPCentral, I successfully got the 7.10.8858.136 Windows Phone Update on my IS12T.

I would like to try this on my wife's IS12T, but she is suffering from a bad micro-USB port on her phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo