Received windows phone 7.8 update received for HTC titan

mjvw7beta

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Received it too - the new home screen and accent colours are really nice.

I don't feel so bad about hanging on to my Titan for a bit longer now!

isi mcf

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys using a mobile locked Titan. I've tried a few times last night but couldn't get my AT&T locked phone to update.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That almost sounds like you are getting a firmware update as well. How many updates were actually pushed?
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I've read that it's nice and awesome, and that is information. It's not their problem whether you can use that information or not. :cool:

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Useful information might be:

The continent or even the hemisphere on which the phone resides
The carrier, if any
How they received the update

But what can you expect from accounts with fewer than 20 posts and zero information in their profiles.

great_smell_of_brut

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to all who've helped make this thread completely void of useful information.

Have updated my UK carrier unlocked Titan to 7.8

I did this by using the "cable unplugging" trick

It seemed reasonably easy once I'd remembered to put the phone into "Flight Mode".

There were three updates in all but each time Zune didn't automatically detect that there were further updates to install.

Therefore you have to force each update until you finally get the 8858 update which is the one for the resizable tiles, new accent colours, etc.

Hope this helps

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just took my AT&T Titan to 7.8 using the Seven-Eighter tool from the wpcentral front page. Worked like a charm and so far appears to be without issue. No firmware updates from HTC of course, but it's not like they're going to fix the terrible call quality anyway. :/

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just used the Seven-Eighter tool also and it updated to 7.8, but then I checked the accent colors and there was nothing new. Then I tried to open several apps under settings and they wouldn't open. even the About screen wouldn't launch. Has anyone had this problem? TITAN on AT&T-- carrier locked.

Thanks!

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you didn't select all the language packs. You need to check every box because the titan comes with all of them. Try again.

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I tried several times selecting all the languages. when I select them it always errors out and says update unsuccessful. however when I don't select any language it seems to update but doesn't fix the issue. I only selected English the first time because several articles about updating says that the AT&T Titan only has English installed. Now I know that the articles were wrong but the backup made is one with English only so when I restore to a previous update via Zune it still has the same issues. Any ideas what I can do now?

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
ATT locked Titan 1 in the US
Windows 7 x64

Ran as administrator the Seven Eighter utility. It prompted to download another utility, did so and ran the new download.
Re-ran as administrator and started it. It asks for languages. Select all of them (must double click the checkboxes).
For me, it crashed one time after about 15 minutes. I closed it, reopened it as administrator and started it again (rechecked all languages).
It was done in another 5 minutes or so.

Good luck everyone!

brentman

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
My experience was very much like Team Obi Juan's. My upgrade stalled out somewhere around 8773.98 and I closed and restarted Seven Eighter and it gave me an error that I didn't have enough space on drive C. After freeing up some space I started it again and it completed with no problems. Thanks for the heads up everyone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb