HTC HD7 TMO US 7.8 Update Steps.

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
im very angry, i see that many users can be update to 7.8 and i cant...i try many times all step by step and ...every time that i try always show me "error not update file", i dont know what i make wrong....i have a htc hd7 english v. 7.10 (8107) but i cant....:angry::angry::angry::angry::eck::eck:

aussiedog61

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
We need more info. If it is saying "error: no update file", then make sure that you are NOT extracting the CAB and Lang files in to the 'CAB sender' folder. Move the entire (un-zipped) zip files in to that folder.

If it is saying 'error: not update file' then give more info.

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone....

Would this work on an unlocked at&t phone that's carrier is t-mobile???

Thanks!!!

Sahil

Yes and NO. This update will work with any phone and any carrier. The key to success is to know what languages you need on your phone and what version you are at. Once you know what languages you have on your phone then you have to get the ones needed from XDA. For my TMO HD7 English is the only option. I have seen posts where the Samsung Focus has 22 languages. If you are on an earlier version than 8107 then you will have to get the updates prior to that from XDA as well. If it is on 8107 or higher then you can use these steps, with the exception of the Language files. Hope this helps.

dreamer2013

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I was able to update up to 8779-8783. After the phone restarted Zune came up on PC and I closed it before it showed the phone tab. After that I continued with the instructions for 8783-8858. However, now cab sender complains that there it can not find the device. So, I am unable to install 7.8 (final) update. Even Zune doesn't see my pphone anymore. Any ideas anyone?

dreamer2013

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
No, Zune didn't recognize phone even after restarting phone and PC. I even tried connecting the phone to a different PC and Zune there also doesn't recognize the phone.

Thank you for responding to the first message though. Hope someone here has a suggestion. An updated phone would be nice, but as of now I have lost the ability to sync my phone to PC also.

debsr256#WP

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Just followed the included instructions and now I am running windows phone 7.8 on HTC HD7. I had no hope until I found this wonderful help. Thank you!

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
For the XP user, at what point do you run that FIX? Can I start the steps and at the point of CHOICE, run the fix?
After looking at the link you should be able to do every step up to the point that you run the cab sender. At this point you need to overwrite it with the fix and then proceed from there.

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
i dont understand why i cant update, i make all step 100% many times , i check my htc have all in english, i copy all the folders like a description, but when i run intho the cab sender the file WP7 Update Cab Sender and show me a choices, i can select anyone (B or S) but always show me the same message: ERROR: "NO UPDATE FILES". somebody can help me pls.?

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
i dont understand why i cant update, i make all step 100% many times , i check my htc have all in english, i copy all the folders like a description, but when i run intho the cab sender the file WP7 Update Cab Sender and show me a choices, i can select anyone (B or S) but always show me the same message: ERROR: "NO UPDATE FILES". somebody can help me pls.?
are you for sure you are putting the update files in the cab sender folder unchanged. Just copy and paste.

Josh Rinella

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Im having troubles with the extraction process and the steps needed. the only one that i can extract anyways is the initial uodate tools which states to extract that file in the steps. the CAb files i download and leave as they are. I am getting the error for no update files, is it possible my computer is automatically uncompressing these files? Vista

AdonisHab

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have this error , whot to do ??

"Error:
Update device e76139ee - 47da5950 - 5c159260 - 3df0a052 Complete with error code
: 80180048, error message: IU (Image Update) installation failed due to an error
."

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 28449

Hi i had this error when i try to upgrade my htc hd7 fron wp7.5 to wp7.8. please help.. Thanks.

I have this error , whot to do ??

"Error:
Update device e76139ee - 47da5950 - 5c159260 - 3df0a052 Complete with error code
: 80180048, error message: IU (Image Update) installation failed due to an error
."

Here is what I can find on this error update error 80180048 Lumia 800 ? - Microsoft Community
You can look through this link. I read on it that you can hard reset your phone and it might fix it. You will lose everything though so may you backed it up or saved everything before starting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)