HTC HD7 TMO US 7.8 Update Steps.

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Im having troubles with the extraction process and the steps needed. the only one that i can extract anyways is the initial uodate tools which states to extract that file in the steps. the CAb files i download and leave as they are. I am getting the error for no update files, is it possible my computer is automatically uncompressing these files? Vista
What version is your phone currently on?

vslayer31

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
sir im facing the same problem after this but my phone version is now 8112 ive tried the seveneighter downloader and its ther same error code as the seveneighter

HdHunter

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
This looks helpful. However, I'd like to make other modifications to my phone. There is a nice homebrew that will allow me to customize the sounds for SMS & email. I'd have to use WP7 Root Tools to install that app. Does anyone know if there are any conflicts and which steps need to go first?

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
This looks helpful. However, I'd like to make other modifications to my phone. There is a nice homebrew that will allow me to customize the sounds for SMS & email. I'd have to use WP7 Root Tools to install that app. Does anyone know if there are any conflicts and which steps need to go first?
I dont think this is what you are looking for then. I believe to do what you want, you need to developer unlock your phone. I do not know how but XDA will lead you in the right direction.

weisscracker

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Does "Internet Sharing" still work for free on T-Mobile after doing this update to 7.8? I'm concerned because I heard that with Windows Phone 8 on T-Mobile you had to sign up for additional monthly service in order to have the same feature.

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Does "Internet Sharing" still work for free on T-Mobile after doing this update to 7.8? I'm concerned because I heard that with Windows Phone 8 on T-Mobile you had to sign up for additional monthly service in order to have the same feature.
I am not sure on this. My HD7 is T-Mobile branded but I am not using it in the states currently. I know the feature still works but I'm not sure if tmo is charging for it.

weisscracker

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Can anyone else confirm or deny if "Internet Sharing" stills works free of charge with your HD7 after apply the update. Also it was my experience that the WiFi to Cellular connection issue started happening after I turned-on "Internet Sharing" for the first time after the Mango 7.5 update. Has anyone had the same experience after upgrading to 7.8?

weisscracker

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
One other question. If I update to 7.8 and then find out that the internet sharing doesn't work can I go back to 8107? If so how would I do that with the tools given in this post?

thewhigs

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Sinlessearth...thank you SO VERY MUCH for your instructions. I was literally going to give up today. In fact, I started deleting all the various files when I came up to your thread here. I followed your instructions to the "t" and it worked perfectly!

Your instructions were very, very easy to follow. To think if I had found your thread here before spending countless and countless hours downloading files (most of which were unecassary) and countless intructions which was very frustrating and had led to nothing.

Now I shall keep my HD7 for much longer....

Thanks! :excited:

salman1122

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey there im having problems getting from the 8112 --> 8773, i've tried it 3 times with no success so far, im going to attempt to do this again tomorrow, but i have restored it back to 8107. The error message i received was "80180048, error message: IU (Image Update) installation failed due to an error" anyone think they could help me out? I'm using the htc hd7 tmo 7.5 8107 a this time.

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey there im having problems getting from the 8112 --> 8773, i've tried it 3 times with no success so far, im going to attempt to do this again tomorrow, but i have restored it back to 8107. The error message i received was "80180048, error message: IU (Image Update) installation failed due to an error" anyone think they could help me out? I'm using the htc hd7 tmo 7.5 8107 a this time.
This link may help. Zune Update Error Code 80180048 aka Walshed Phone Error? HERES A FIX - xda-developers

salman1122

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
This is for problems when updating with zune, im not trying to update with zune im doing the cab install, in which it's giving me an error saying it cannot install the update on my phone. I haven't done a hard reset yet but i will try it later today.
GOT IT! i didn't have to do a hard reset but had to delete all the old files and redownload them and it worked! it's looking great. Thanks alot for this guide, something i would like to point out though is that after you update, delete the old CAB files from the CAB sender folder it kept me organized that way going from update to update.

Last edited:

weisscracker

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I updated my phone 7.8. Then I tested out the Internet Sharing. The Internet Sharing worked. But my phone is experiencing a new issue. After a short period of time the brightness dims, but the phone never sleeps (display never turns all the way off). The power button at the top will not work in this dimmed mode. I can't even turn the phone off when holding it down. The only way to turn it off is to take out the battery. Anyone else experiencing this? I went ahead restored my phone from the backup. Later I will try the update again.

weisscracker

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I updated my phone 7.8. Then I tested out the Internet Sharing. The Internet Sharing worked. But my phone is experiencing a new issue. After a short period of time the brightness dims, but the phone never sleeps (display never turns all the way off). The power button at the top will not work in this dimmed mode. I can't even turn the phone off when holding it down. The only way to turn it off is to take out the battery. Anyone else experiencing this? I went ahead restored my phone from the backup. Later I will try the update again.

After restoring the phone I was experiencing the same issue. So I have concluded that the issue isn't related to 7.8. It appears it is related to the phone automatically connecting to Wifi networks. I have cleared out all the pre-stored Wifi Network Passwords and so far I haven't experienced the issue again. I went ahead and re-installed back to 7.8.

I'm not sure if I have the latest Wifi Drivers from HTC. Does anyone know how I can determine that?
Here are my current settings:
OS version: 7.10.8858.136
Firmware revision number: 2250.21.51202.531
Hardware revision number: 0002
Radio software version: 5.71.09.02a_22.51.50.21U
Radio hardware version: A.12.0.D4
Bootloader version: 5.12.2250.0(135916)
Chip SOC version: 2.2.5.0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members