HTC HD7 TMO US 7.8 Update Steps.

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
You mean this same files plus additional languages could be used to update the Titan II?
Yes. I have seen that the focus has 22 languages but I am not sure of the titan II. If it is English only like our HD7s then it will work. I however do not have a titan to test so this will be up to you.

Rocknnsock

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello there, My my name is Alex and i have a HD7 by TMO. I am having difficulty with updating my phone to 7.8. At the moment i am stuck on the second folder. I am recinving an error when i try to send the CAB files to my phone.help.jpg

Edit: Read the full website and found out i had to try to install some other files before the ones you gave us but now its done and im 7.8 bound.

Last edited:

wlinux

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I am sorry but I am not an expert on this. That is why I made this for the TMO US HD7 only. Your best bet is to look on XDA because they do a lot with the HD2. I hope you get it worked out. I know the HD2 can run almost anything.

Check your OS version and start with the right folder/update files. My phone is HD7, but I had same problem you have described. If your OS version is 7.10.8783.12, then you will have to skip the steps and start with the folder 8783-8858 instead. Hope this will help solve your problem.

wlinux

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Check your OS version and start with the right folder/update files. My phone is HD7, but I had same problem you have described. If your OS version is 7.10.8783.12, then you will have to skip the steps and start with the folder 8783-8858 instead. Hope this will help solve your problem.

jim_h

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey its quite easy, do you need any help?

I'm actually a fairly technical guy so I shouldn't be whining. But there are really 2 barriers at this point.

1) Threads like this have gone on so long that a newcomer can't figure out what's current and where to start. Does my phone need to be unlocked? Do I need to flash new ROMS? Use Zune? Download CABs from... somewhere?

2) I see posts from people who fought with this for hours, ended up with an error message and a dysfunctional phone. This is my only phone, can't risk bricking it.

I'm not asking you to post detailed steps because I really don't think I can chance a DIY upgrade. I'll just keep following the situation in hopes HTC and/or T-Mobile decide to release the upgrade.

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually a fairly technical guy so I shouldn't be whining. But there are really 2 barriers at this point.

1) Threads like this have gone on so long that a newcomer can't figure out what's current and where to start. Does my phone need to be unlocked? Do I need to flash new ROMS? Use Zune? Download CABs from... somewhere?

2) I see posts from people who fought with this for hours, ended up with an error message and a dysfunctional phone. This is my only phone, can't risk bricking it.

I'm not asking you to post detailed steps because I really don't think I can chance a DIY upgrade. I'll just keep following the situation in hopes HTC and/or T-Mobile decide to release the upgrade.
Well the step by step directions are the first post I made. Just save your first back up and if there are issues then restore it. I don't think anybody has bricked their Phone with my instructions.
When you do the first back up move it so it doesn't get over written. It will be located here...C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update
AppData may be hidden.

Ahmed Mostafa1

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem error code 80070070
my device info

OS version: 7.10.8773.98
Firmware revision number: 2250.21.51201.401
Hardware revision number: 0002
Radio software version : 5.51.09.11a_22.31.50.09u
Radio hardware version: A.12.0.D4
Bootloader version: 1.20.2250.0(111584)
Chip SOC version: 2.2.5.0

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

eekaspider

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Remember that most people who upgrade successfully won't bother to post, but EVERYONE who has problems is certain to mention them.

IMO, the only meaningful risk relative to a carrier-sponsored upgrade is that you aren't getting a (potentially important) firmware bump. In this case, fortunately, upgraded firmware is not necessary to run 7.8 properly on a HD7. You will be subject to the some-live-tiles-stop-updating bug, but so does everyone else with 7.8.

Ahmed Mostafa1

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Unable to update my HTC HD7 to Windows 7.8 error code 80070070
Today I tried to update my phone to 7.8:
- Step 1- 9 is complete, it downloads and installs the update and restarts my phone
- Later it shows step 1 -2 restarts the phone and say completing updates

At this point I get an error message (80070070) saying "We cant update your phone because your phone or your computer is running low space. Try freeing some space from your phone or your computer and then try installing the update"

I have 100GB space on my harddrive and 10GB space on my phone. Please help me on what steps I need to take to update my phone.

I try to change my reserved space from 1% to 30% and try to update my phone the same error occurred.

my htc hd7 info
Total storage :14.63

OS version: 7.10.8773.98
Firmware revision number: 2250.21.51201.401
Hardware revision number: 0002
Radio software version : 5.51.09.11a_22.31.50.09u
Radio hardware version: A.12.0.D4
Bootloader version: 1.20.2250.0(111584)
Chip SOC version: 2.2.5.0
Mac: 90-21-55-DF-92-AC

Thanks and Regards,

locokip

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I successfully updated to 7.8 using similar instructions over a month ago on both my wife and I's HD7s. Worked great! Only issue is this week, for some reason, my HD7 is no longer recognized by Zune. Wife's still works fine though. Weird. Biggest issue is downloading full resolution photos and video. Otherwise not a big deal as we are about to upgrade to 920's or 928's in the next 2 months.

Anyone know a way to download full resolution photos from the phone without Zune? Going on SkyDrive, everything is compressed to 200KB or so.

Thanks,

Kip

Dmnyk

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Thank you very much for the post it was a complete success :D and my phone works perfectly! but now I would like to ask if you know some simple steps to unlocking the phone after its been updated so that i could side-load apps? Please I would really appreciate it. :)

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I successfully updated to 7.8 using similar instructions over a month ago on both my wife and I's HD7s. Worked great! Only issue is this week, for some reason, my HD7 is no longer recognized by Zune. Wife's still works fine though. Weird. Biggest issue is downloading full resolution photos and video. Otherwise not a big deal as we are about to upgrade to 920's or 928's in the next 2 months.

Anyone know a way to download full resolution photos from the phone without Zune? Going on SkyDrive, everything is compressed to 200KB or so.

Thanks,

Kip
I noticed the Zune issue for a few but then I tried to open the music app when connected and zune found my phone. Also zune is the only way to get full res photos. Sky drive compresses them.

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Thank you very much for the post it was a complete success :D and my phone works perfectly! but now I would like to ask if you know some simple steps to unlocking the phone after its been updated so that i could side-load apps? Please I would really appreciate it. :)
I have never done the unlocking with a windows phone cause it appears to be a pain. No "simple steps". XDA would be the place for this question.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786