HTC HD7 TMO US 7.8 Update Steps.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you sinlessearth for the super prompt update including 8860. I appreciate the time and effort you have put into this. I had never done the cab update procedure before, but given the links and your clear instructions I was able to do this without issue.

I am updating to 8860 from 8858 (7.8) right now.

Success!!!! 8860

thank you sinlessearth!

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
starting to hear that this update does not fix the live tile issue (which I am not sure I afflicted with). It does seem that there will be another update (8862).

Windows Phone 7 update history | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

Yeah that's what I seen too. It appears to fix some issues with google sync or something like that. Don't worry though as soon as I see something on another update I will give it a run and post the new info. I did notice some apps seem to open a little faster.

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
HAPPY FRIDAY. 8862 Now available.:grin:
I have included the newest updates into the original instructions and also created a new instuction set for the 8858-8862 update.
My update was a success and notice my live tile update right away.

Last edited:

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
HAPPY FRIDAY. 8862 Now available.:grin:
I have included the newest updates into the original instructions and also created a new instuction set for the 8858-8862 update.
My update was a success and notice my live tile update right away.

Wow! That is a Happy Friday!!! I did not expect that update so quickly. It installed and did resolve an issue I was having with the live tile of the "My Home Server" app. Thank you sinlessearth for your assistance through all of this process. I would like to give a little more information to help others in updating. I've noticed that with my computer, that if I open up Zune and allow it to open up fully, then plug in my phone then there's a good chance that my computer will stop responding and I would need to reboot it. If however I just plug in my phone without opening Zune, then Zune will open (I have Zune set up to open when the appropriate device is plugged in) and I have no problems with the computer or with updating the phone. So I think there is some variability with Zune to where it may not matter exactly how you open up Zune and confirm that you see the Phone tab.

thank you again sinlessearth!!!! have a Happy Friday!!

bh

eekaspider

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks yet again, sinlessearth. After '8862 my BBC News tile is no longer stuck reporting the first news of French intervention in Mali!

kamranbinniaz

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
sir i had problem there are err in during the installing windows7.8 . the err is phone restarting problem . i tried many time but every time i received htc restarting problem .
how to solve this problem plz assit me. Thanks for your asst. NOTE . I HAVE HTC HD7 this is not a T-Mobile.

Last edited:

rocki30

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
One thing I noticed after doing this upgrade, all my pics saved from the camera shots amongst other saved pics seemed to have disappeared. I connected to Zune and can't see from there either plus it has not been synced :( I don't know if they exist in my backup that I made before I upgraded. I will give a restore a try and see if it makes a difference.

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
sir i had problem there are err in during the installing windows7.8 . the err is phone restarting problem . i tried many time but every time i received htc restarting problem .
how to solve this problem plz assit me. Thanks for your asst. NOTE . I HAVE HTC HD7 this is not a T-Mobile.
This maybe a language issue. Make sure you have the correct languages. They are required. You can find them here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1306415

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
One thing I noticed after doing this upgrade, all my pics saved from the camera shots amongst other saved pics seemed to have disappeared. I connected to Zune and can't see from there either plus it has not been synced :( I don't know if they exist in my backup that I made before I upgraded. I will give a restore a try and see if it makes a difference.
I am not sure what the issue is here. All of my pictures were still there and nothing was lost. Did the restore work? If it does I would sync everything in Zune, do the update, and the add them back by Zune.

luve luve

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the break down....my phone is cool! But i thought I might get the panoramic photo option. oh well I guess beggars cant be choosy.

Ozair Rizvi

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I just updated my WP 7.5 to win 7.8 without any of this trouble. I used the same method which i used when i updated my phone from win 7 to 7.5. Im in Pakistan and i updated it successfully. My original OS was 8107 i guess and now its 8862 :D

All you have to do is to trick ZUNE. Connect your phone with ur pc, wait for Zune to open, den go into settings and den UPDATE. Zune will start searching for an update. Count to 10..means approx 8-10 seconds and then disconnect ur internet !!!
if ur late, then it will probably say that, either ur phone is up to date, or internet connectivity error, but if ur right on time, it will keep on searching and then will say that AN UPDATE IS AVAILABLE. reconnect your internet and BINGO, Update ur phone all the way till win 7.8 using the same method every time.
Just remember, timing is crucial. It may b irritating you may have to try 2,3 times, but its easy, at least for me :)

try that ..im sure u guys will find it pretty easy.

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I just updated my WP 7.5 to win 7.8 without any of this trouble. I used the same method which i used when i updated my phone from win 7 to 7.5. Im in Pakistan and i updated it successfully. My original OS was 8107 i guess and now its 8862 :D

All you have to do is to trick ZUNE. Connect your phone with ur pc, wait for Zune to open, den go into settings and den UPDATE. Zune will start searching for an update. Count to 10..means approx 8-10 seconds and then disconnect ur internet !!!
if ur late, then it will probably say that, either ur phone is up to date, or internet connectivity error, but if ur right on time, it will keep on searching and then will say that AN UPDATE IS AVAILABLE. reconnect your internet and BINGO, Update ur phone all the way till win 7.8 using the same method every time.
Just remember, timing is crucial. It may b irritating you may have to try 2,3 times, but its easy, at least for me :)

try that ..im sure u guys will find it pretty easy.
Well good for you. Do you have an HD7, TMO, developer unlocked? I have done the Zune trick many times in the past when TMO and HTC actually released the update. However, since neither one has decided to do so, then this is how you can update it.

Ozair Rizvi

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Well good for you. Do you have an HD7, TMO, developer unlocked? I have done the Zune trick many times in the past when TMO and HTC actually released the update. However, since neither one has decided to do so, then this is how you can update it.

My apologies brother, but im not that tech savvy ... i actually purchased this phone from someone i knew...so ive know idea abt this :). i jst know its a HD7 t9292

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
My apologies brother, but im not that tech savvy ... i actually purchased this phone from someone i knew...so ive know idea abt this :). i jst know its a HD7 t9292
My apologies as well. I did some research and HTC finally released the 7.8 update but not Tmobile. I seen that people in Italy were getting the update.

Mohsin Chundrigar

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
i did all the steps accordingly but when i open the WP7 update CAB sender... it gives me an 'Cant download the update because the BITS job couldnt be created'
please help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion