Tiles slow to respond after 7.8

dabs1710

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I updated to 7.8 on my Lumia 900 a couple of days ago. Since then I have noticed that all the tiles on my home screen have become slow to respond. The time lag between the small visual motion that confirms when you touch any icon and the corresponding app launching has increased. This process was much faster on 7.5. Now I feel like I have to wait for ages between clicking on the Email tile and the Inbox actually opening. Anyone else experience this ?

TheSammyE

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Ive noticed this on my 800. Tried a wipe but that didn't help. Most of the tiles respond quite quickly as usual, the one that is very noticeable is the marketplace icon. The other slower ones surprisingly are system apps like mail client, calendar etc. The independent developer apps are all still really fast. Strange and kind of annoying really.

JernejB

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I use NL800 to and it got slow after the first wave 7.8 but now with the last update it's like a 2 year old android.... :D Hope MS does something aboute it!

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine have been slow to open since I updated to 7.8 also. It's quite annoying after having used the super-fluid 7.5 for months. It's one of many reasons why I'm going to buy a used 920 on Ebay to hold me over until my contract ends.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99