Lumia 800 Dead

Phirux

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I've got a Lumia 800. And I have a problem that has occured two times now. When I take the phone out of my pocket, my Lumia shows no signs to be working at all. It is like it's completely dead. Even though it is fully charged. And I have tried Volume+Camera+Power several times. And when I plug it in so it could charge, nothing happen, it doesn't even vibrate. :unhappy:
When it happened before, the phone just started from started, but it almost took a week. So now I do not have a phone that I could use, this problem is very annoying.
Is there anyone else that has come across this problem? Or just anyone that has an idea of what I could do?
Sorry for my bad english, 15 year old boy from Sweden.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear about your 800's troubles but it sounds like a hardware problem to me. I know a guy who had the same problem and got it repaired by sending the phone to a Nokia care facility. I think that's your best option.

Phirux

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately there is no Nokia care in Sweden. And the place I bought the Lumia from has gone out of buisness. So I probably need to buy a new phone.

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me once. I tried the key combinations to no avail and I left it charging all day. Finally I ended up plugging it into my computer and after about half an hour it powered back up (with a fully dead battery). Try to change the type of charger you're using. If the normal wall charger or your computer doesn't work, see if you can try a higher wattage charger like a tablet charger.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Hope this is not going to be a trend as my sisters Lumia 800 has died as well. Have tried everything to bring it back to life but nothing has worked. :(

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I know it sucks, guys... My HTC HD7 stopped taking a charge 16 months into a 3-year contract (I'm in Canada) forcing me to early upgrade for an extra $285 CAD (~?184, 259 CHF) over the cost of my device subsidy. Not only that, but my carrier doesn't have the Lumia 920, so I had to settle for the Samsung Ativ S. It's a great phone, but not the one that I wanted.

Might be a good time to check out the Nokia Lumia 620. It will upgrade you to WP8, keep you in Nokia's excellent ecosystem of exclusive apps, and for not too much money. Plus, removable battery, so if yours gives up the ghost again--God forbid--you just pop in a new one.

mark parkins

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, I've had the same problem with my lumia. Nothing worked at all. I was on the verge of throwing it away but As a last resort I took it to a repair shop (for the 3rd time) I explained the problem and he pinpointed it straight away by connecting it to a charger which had a light on it indicating whether it was receiving power or not, it wasn't and he replaced the charging point on the phone which fixed it (?25) Even though i have always been careful whenever i charged it. Apparently its very common with these lumias but not a well known fact as they are very sensitive. Its now working perfectly again. Give that a go. Let me know.

Peter Turnansky

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I had a same problem i cannot turn on or charge and a I resolved that by heating by hair dryer.Heat till phone will be hot and than put to charger and will start charge.

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I sent you a PM in swedish (I?m from Sweden too) but I don?t know if it got sent because it is not in my sent messages folder... If you bought it from Expert I think Elgiganten will help you with the warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb