Nokia Lumia 800 screen cracked

Kimberley D

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
So my phone fell out my pocket in work and the screen pretty much shattered and i can no longer use my phone at all. I am with Tesco on a two year contract but stupidly decided not to take out insurance. I've only had my phone 3 months so would rather just pay to get it fixed though it will no doubt be very expensive.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Kimberley D

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I was considering trying to fix it myself but i'm not fully confident i could do it :\ yeah both the digitiser/touch screen are broken. I've added a photo of the damage :( photo -.jpg

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It just takes patience. This stuff isn't really that hard as long as you follow the steps one at a time. By the time I replaced my screen the third time I didn't need the instructions anymore lol. I'd offer you to send me all the stuff but I know you don't know me and well I'd probably think the same stuff as you about that. But you can do it. I have faith. There's videos on YouTube that are excellent. Just play and pause at each step.

Kimberley D

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Hmm i guess, but then i am also unsure about buying the parts online in case they aren't genuine... Aha. The video is of great help though, thanks for sharing it! :) i think i'll need to look into it a bit more before i start deconstructing my phone. Thanks for all your help! :)

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Your welcome. Another thing to consider is peoples or companies return policies. I never buy anything that I can't return even if its defective. But check specs of screens and glass material. You should be fine.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Lmao well upon watching this video this is so simple to replace the screen. Even easier because the screen and digitizer should come as one piece. (sorry didn't actually watch the video before. Just put it for an example.)

Kimberley D

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah to be fair it does look fairly straight forward. Thanks for the link! I think my phone should have some sort of warranty which should last around a year. In that case i may go to Tesco first and see if anything can be sorted.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs