Soft/Hard Reset-4gb in "Other"

Aleksandr Gurmeza

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I want to reset my phone. But before I do that, I have a question. I downloaded some games that were free because of a sale. If I reset my phone, will I have to pay for the apps/games that I got for free to get them back on my phone? The reason why I am asking is because when I tried downloading Asphalt 7 Heat, I had over 2gb of free space, but Asphalt was only <1gb. Now I have over 4gb in my "other" section. It was only 2.xgb BEFORE I made even more space to download Asphalt 7. Now I literally don't have any free space. I tried Shrink Storage, but no success. Will a reset release some of that memory?

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
My other was 8.2GB and had to use Shrink Storage 3 times before it dropped in half 4.1GB very wired I found it to be!

4.1GB Other is still to big! I wish that we could set the MAX of Other! I would set it @2GB if I had a choice. 😒

Hopefully soon there some updates for this? 😖

Aleksandr Gurmeza

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
My other was 8.2GB and had to use Shrink Storage 3 times before it dropped in half 4.1GB very wired I found it to be!

4.1GB Other is still to big! I wish that we could set the MAX of Other! I would set it @2GB if I had a choice. &#55357;&#56850;

Hopefully soon there some updates for this? &#55357;&#56854;
I ended up hard resetting my phone. got my storage back.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
As soon as you start adding emails, calendar appts, One Notes, Office Docs, and apps like Fhotoroom, Here, Twitter, Facebook, etc... you will lose all that space you gained back quickly. I'm not sure how MS will justify these little 4GB internal storage phones without having the ability to move that "Other" storage off to it. I understand the reliability argument, and the piracy thing, but seriously - 8GB is barely enough to run WP8...

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Only if you are resetting it... You will be able to install all your free/ purchased apps/ games as it is if you login from a laptop to windowsphone.com and push these to your phone from Purchase History page. I did that and it works perfect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6