Getting to Just English (or) Removing Language Packs on my HD7

carlcamera

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Okay I've got an old HD7 and I'm trying to force Windows 7.8 onto it. There's a great writeup on this forum here...

http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-hd-7-7s/214694-htc-hd7-tmo-us-7-8-update-steps.html

...with one problem. It starts out saying "Make sure your HD7 only has English" (language pack installed) and then says there are resources and articles on WPCentral on how to do this. Well I've looked and looked and I don't see the articles or forum posts that describe the process to remove language packs. What I find is this WPCentral article...

Force updating your Windows Phone to OS build 8107 -- a WPCentral Tutorial | Windows Phone Central

...that states "If you have more than 22 language packs installed on your phone do NOT do this update." Then continues on without mentioning what else we can do.

Well, my T-Mobile HD7 has like 104 language packs on it. Could someone help me (and perhaps other T-Mobile HD7 owners) by pointing me to resources that can help me get my phone ready for updating? Thanks I appreciate your time and consideration.

UPDATE: WHAT WORKED FOR ME:

I am now in possession of a TMOBILE HD7 running 7.8 version 8860. It took about an hour using the instructions on this page:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-hd-7-7s/214694-htc-hd7-tmo-us-7-8-update-steps.html
and ignoring the part about if you have more than one English language pack, stop. The cab files that Sinlessearth links to on that page worked for me. And he updated the thread to include the extra 8858-to-8860 cab file.

Last edited:

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Okay I've got an old HD7 and I'm trying to force Windows 7.8 onto it. There's a great writeup on this forum here...

...with one problem. It starts out saying "Make sure your HD7 only has English" (language pack installed) and then says there are resources and articles on WPCentral on how to do this. Well I've looked and looked and I don't see the articles or forum posts that describe the process to remove language packs. What I find is this WPCentral article...

Force updating your Windows Phone to OS build 8107 -- a WPCentral Tutorial | Windows Phone Central

...that states "If you have more than 22 language packs installed on your phone do NOT do this update." Then continues on without mentioning what else we can do.

Well, my T-Mobile HD7 has like 60 language packs on it. Could someone help me (and perhaps other T-Mobile HD7 owners) by pointing me to resources that can help me get my phone ready for updating? Thanks I appreciate your time and consideration.
Here is where you will find the language packs needed. The steps I made were for English only however you just need to make sure that you also install all language packs that are already on your HD7.
[CAB] Official WP7 Updates List up to WP 7.8 + ALL LANGUAGES complete + OEM updates - xda-developers

Last edited:

Ruitha Mburu

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: t mobile htc hd7 update to 7.8

i have an Unlocked Tmobile htc hd7 and i wanted to upgrade it to windows phone 7.8 but my question is in case of any problems will i be able to later downgrade it to windows 7.5 or rather return it to factory settings after the upgrade???

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: t mobile htc hd7 update to 7.8

i have an Unlocked Tmobile htc hd7 and i wanted to upgrade it to windows phone 7.8 but my question is in case of any problems will i be able to later downgrade it to windows 7.5 or rather return it to factory settings after the upgrade???
Yes you will be able to go back if you save your backup created in step 23 of my instructions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb