Not Unlocked L822 for international use

Anton Shunkov

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I apologise if similar question have already been asked but I've lurked around and haven't find an answer. As far as I understood unlocked Lumia 822 works fine overseas(everything but SMS). My question is about locked one, I wonder if L822 is unlocked for overseas GSM carriers right out of the box. I've asked Verizor sales assistants 8 times and I've got 4 "no" and 4 "yes" answers. May be any1 have had experience with locked 822's?

madhi

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
lumia 822 is factory unlocked for gsm use. i have one. the latest portico update messes up with apn settings and sms settings. if u have the old firmware, the one which the handset came with, everything works well right out of the box. just dont update it with portico till a solution is found for sending sms.

joel ramos

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
i was using the 822 on straight talk with portico on it, i sent and received SMS, and i was able to send MMS, i had the APN settings wrong to be able and open received mms,
and i also have another 822 that was on pre portico and same, but since i have them with verizon, i did not dig deeper to get the right apn settings as i got them with the Lumia 920 working right.

I will check both phones again when i get back this weekend, but i also had to download Nokia app to access apn settings. on pre portico you can go to and edit mms and web, on portico the app had the option to add a new apn.
so just read around this forum and you will see direct links to download the access + app from market.
i got straight talk powered by ATT towers, and got a regular Tmobile prepaid account so i can check this weekend on both. and see if i copy the apn settings from the 922 and hope everything works.

edit: also when i upgraded one to portico the network+ or access plus or whatever that app is called it installed automatically, there was no need for me to download manually. one device was already updated to portico and other was on pre

xirsteon

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
if you have the 822 working on Tmob USA, pls postn ur APN settings here. it'll be helpful.

i was using the 822 on straight talk with portico on it, i sent and received SMS, and i was able to send MMS, i had the APN settings wrong to be able and open received mms,
and i also have another 822 that was on pre portico and same, but since i have them with verizon, i did not dig deeper to get the right apn settings as i got them with the Lumia 920 working right.

I will check both phones again when i get back this weekend, but i also had to download Nokia app to access apn settings. on pre portico you can go to and edit mms and web, on portico the app had the option to add a new apn.
so just read around this forum and you will see direct links to download the access + app from market.
i got straight talk powered by ATT towers, and got a regular Tmobile prepaid account so i can check this weekend on both. and see if i copy the apn settings from the 922 and hope everything works.

edit: also when i upgraded one to portico the network+ or access plus or whatever that app is called it installed automatically, there was no need for me to download manually. one device was already updated to portico and other was on pre

cysuresh

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I am looking to buy unlocked lumia 822 through ebay, I am living in middle east and I want to update the 820 to 1308 firmware too. Whether the phone will be ok for use? Soft and hard reset needs unlock again?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs