All of sudden Touch Screen acting funny

julesbgoes

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
From ytday, the touch screen on my Asus vivoTab RT is acting funny & i hardly can use it. It looks like the screen is pressed ( touch input) when i dint also.

Is it a hardware problem or a software ??? anybody with the same issues ?

drojas4

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
You did 6 to 7 factory resets! That must have taken days!

LOL that's the only thing I don't like about this tablet if you do a factory reset you need to re download all the updates and office again, and it takes hours.
Someone needs to make a backup program, so you make an full system image to a USB memory stick.

julesbgoes

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
did dat for 2 days, cant update as internet is kind of down (can`t login into outlook also :( ) , and I`m from GOA-India , got the tab from USA. Did any of u face the same problem and got it fixed ?

drojas4

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
You know there is a display calibration tool look for it, do a search for calibration then tap on the settings tab.
try the one on the bottom (calibrate the screen for pen or touch input)

asus_usa

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey Jules, were you ever able to get the tablet updated? Are you still having touch issues? If so, we do have a service center in India that might be able to take a look at it for you.

louser

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same problem since March, i tried everything. The latest firmware helps but the right side is still touchy. I'm going to take mine back to Best Buy and get a Surface Pro.

asus_usa

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same problem since March, i tried everything. The latest firmware helps but the right side is still touchy. I'm going to take mine back to Best Buy and get a Surface Pro.

If you can't return/exchange it, please call your local support line and arrange an RMA for servicing. We can fix the issue, but it does require that you send in the tablet.

blur510

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, it was running okay then I did the last 8.1 update (7/17) I think and all of a sudden screen going crazy. Could it be the update or is it the tablet hardware. I am thinking about waiting for the next update before I try to send it in for repair.

Asus_Fred

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Blur510, you can always try a reset and check if the touch works properly or not. That way we can definitely find out if its a hardware issue or software related issue. If the issue persists after a reset send me a PM and we can go from there.

rmeigs

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same problem since early August and factory reset doesn't solve it. In the ASUS Vivo forum over at Transformerforums.com there is a bunch of people with this same issue, so this isn't an isolated problem.

I solved my problem by picking up an inexpensive 64gb Microsoft refurbished Surface RT. The ASUS will go to the recyclers and I doubt I'll buy another of there products.

Milo9392

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Just stumbled across this thread so not sure if it is still active?? My Asus Vivotab is doing the same thing... after going to sleep or putting the lid down, you have to drag up the logon screen and use the keyboard to enter the password, some of the swipes don't work and at times a bubble comes up on the screen or the cursor starts jerking around and there seems to be two cursors. It temporarily comes right when you restart it but overall the problem seems to be getting worse. I bought in the USA but I live in NZ. Is this a software or hardware problem? I have tried recalibrating and restoring to original settings. It was bought in December last year so not sure if it's still under any warranty. Any advice would be appreciated!!

somafoto

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with the same tablet. And If I recal was after an Update was done. I can not use it. Right now I am in a bussiness trip and when I return homw is going back to ATT I got it with an offer.
I have used several ASUS products but it seems this is not the best product tehey could ocome up. Anyhow I will try to get my money back, as I can see it sis for sure a problem with their product. I tried calibrating but how can you do it when the touch screen does not accept your inputs because it is jumping all over the place like somebody is already touching the screen like for zooming in or out.

somafoto

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey Jules, were you ever able to get the tablet updated? Are you still having touch issues? If so, we do have a service center in India that might be able to take a look at it for you.

I have the same problem. What does I have to do to have it serviced. I got it about a month and a half from ATT. I have barely ussed it and after an update the problem started. I don't know what to do because the tablet is useless with this porblem.
Thanks
Angel Ramos

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes