About to buy one - few questions please

wigwam12

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I have wanted to buy a Win8 Tab and and all set to splurge on the Vivo Tab
Read some horror stories about needing a really long time to update before it is usable and crashes during this process.
I am not rush and want to get it right first time.
I would also like to buy a decent cover - which would you recommend - Moko or Manvex?
I know I also need a USB OTG
Anything else?
Maybe a small keyboard?
Thanks

asus_usa

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend the VivoTab TranSleeve with the keyboard. It's a keyboard and cover all-in-one. Comes in a few different colors, too.

mick57

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the Moko case which fits well and is good value.

The Microsoft Wedge keyboard and mouse are also good value, I got them both for around ?100. They are high quality devices which should last several years and outlive quite a few tablet PCs. The Mouse is remarkably comfortable in use despite its size.

Kiwi Dave

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
If you opt to try something other than the Transleeve Combo, or the MS Wedge Combo, the only advice I would give is to make sure both Keyboard and Mouse are full bluetooth (ie that they don't need a USB connection for the bluetooth to work). That way you will be able to charge the tablet at the same time as using the mouse & keyboard.

ShaunKL

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
It's really great in the hand. It does take a while to update itself, and the speakers are absolutely terrible. It's a really great Metro tablet, can't say anything about backwards compatible programs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo