HTC Tiara - Who's Interested?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So this device is rumoured to be coming to Sprint this summer, we have some rough specs:

[info]" The unannounced Tiara smartphone is rumored to be a mid-range handset with a 4.3-inch WVGA Super LCD2 display, while the Ativ S offers a 4.8-inch 720p display, a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, NFC and an 8-megapixel rear camera."[/info]

Who's planning on getting one? Let us know!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Rumored specs include a 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor, 4.3-inch Super LCD2 display (WVGA resolution), 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, 1800mAh battery and an 8-megapixel rear camera (1.6-megapixel front).

Also rumored for Tiara is the inclusion of Windows Phone 8 GDR2, which will be the second update to the WP8 OS.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have an arrive now, If i stay with sprint I would get the ativ. I'm pretty sure im going to switch to verizon if they announce the 928.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I have had bad history with Samsung phones, so the HTC version is of more interest. Just to bad the HTC is lower grade to the Samsung offering. Still using a Touch Pro2 and giving up my keyboard is going to tuff. Been trying to find a cheap Arrive to use until Sprint releases them, but not going to spend the money ebay wants just for few months.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
100 bucks! come on, for a dumbed down 8x. i would pay that for a 8x with slide out keyboard.

Just too much money for small low res screen and limited on board storage. They even slowed down the processor from the 8x.

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why this is even called the 8xT. It looks like an improved 8s. Should have been the 8sT or something similar. For my money, I will have to go with the Neo. I have spent over two years at 800x480 screen resolution and I am ready for something nicer.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I like the specs of the Neo, but think the phone itself is ugly as hell... this alone will probably cause me to choose the 8XT though the only hesitation I have left is regarding the WVGA resoluation...

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
100 bucks! come on, for a dumbed down 8x. i would pay that for a 8x with slide out keyboard.

Just too much money for small low res screen and limited on board storage. They even slowed down the processor from the 8x.

still think it should be free but I bought one. My local sprint store let me use it as demo for week. I was going to give it back and wait for the neo, but couldn't justify spending another 50. 8xt screen looks. Ok go me.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
still think it should be free but I bought one. My local sprint store let me use it as demo for week. I was going to give it back and wait for the neo, but couldn't justify spending another 50. 8xt screen looks. Ok go me.

You couldn't take advantage of the free deal through Talk or the $.01 deal through Amazon?

DeviIstar

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I ordered on amazon and because I had my free upgrade it stayed at the .01 - I keep hearing that people are paying 80 for it on there with accounts, but I called amazon and verified, we will see I guess. I am excited to get rid of my EVO 4g LTE and get back to wp :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99