Is seveneighter safe to use?

dajaco

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Have a 710 here with no updates available. I'm assuming the carrier isn't interested (Optus). I've heard I can use an application called seveneighter by windows phone hacker that can force the update on to the phone. I just wanted to ask if anyone has used it and knows if it's ok? Are there any limitations?

Specifically I'm interested to know if it'll wipe the phone or if everything will be retained. Also is the carrier rom replaced with a stock rom, and if so, how are updates handled then from that point?

St_Deborah

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I've heard it is safe and does not wipe the phone. I have not used it and am interested in knowing if this is accurate as well.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Have a 710 here with no updates available. I'm assuming the carrier isn't interested (Optus). I've heard I can use an application called seveneighter by windows phone hacker that can force the update on to the phone. I just wanted to ask if anyone has used it and knows if it's ok? Are there any limitations?

Specifically I'm interested to know if it'll wipe the phone or if everything will be retained. Also is the carrier rom replaced with a stock rom, and if so, how are updates handled then from that point?

It is totally safe to use it just make sure that you check the appropriate boxes when the languages appear (only the ones that your phone has already) I used 78ter to update a Focus S, a L800 and a L900 (twice, for the update one that fixes the tiles) and it worked like a charm.. I would go ahead and do it.. If you do it correctly you should not have problems

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
SevenEighter is quite safe to use, so long as you follow the directions CAREFULLY. With my experience, I recommend installing ALL of the available language packs, even those not already available in your device. The .cab files containing the language packs are simply too small to take up a considerable amount of space and flashing all of them eliminates the chance of a bricked device or a partially functional device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven