The 822 deserves much more credit than it gets!

ItsMrMark

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I sold my Galaxy Note II and bought a 822. I am leaving Google after using Android since the G1 days and Google services since Chrome was first released. I used a HD7 for a short time and liked the direction WP was going but at that time it needed some improvement. I considered BB10 but did not feel comfortable with their lack of a real ECO system. Apple was not even in the cards. I now have converted Calendar, Documents, Email, Tasks etc. from Google services to Microsoft. I had a MacBook Air two iPads and a iMac (wanted to see what all the fuss was about) and could not get my head around their way of doing things so I bought a couple Win 8 machines. Win 8 really is a great OS, it's not getting the credit it deserves. It feels great getting back to MS.

Back to the 822, what a great device! The screen is MUCH nicer than the reviews describe! Sure its a bit thicker than my Note II but phones are getting too thin these days anyway. I looked at the 8X but what's with that aspect ratio? I don't care for the tall thin ratio iPhone 5 and the 8X have. Reviewers call the 822 a mid range device but really is it a better device than the 8x in many ways. Moving forward I'll keep my eye out for the 928 but until then I'm all good with the 822.

For those considering the 822, it's a great value!

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I sold my Galaxy Note II and bought a 822. I am leaving Google after using Android since the G1 days and Google services since Chrome was first released. I used a HD7 for a short time and liked the direction WP was going but at that time it needed some improvement. I considered BB10 but did not feel comfortable with their lack of a real ECO system. Apple was not even in the cards. I now have converted Calendar, Documents, Email, Tasks etc. from Google services to Microsoft. I had a MacBook Air two iPads and a iMac (wanted to see what all the fuss was about) and could not get my head around their way of doing things so I bought a couple Win 8 machines. Win 8 really is a great OS, it's not getting the credit it deserves. It feels great getting back to MS.

Back to the 822, what a great device! The screen is MUCH nicer than the reviews describe! Sure its a bit thicker than my Note II but phones are getting too thin these days anyway. I looked at the 8X but what's with that aspect ratio? I don't care for the tall thin ratio iPhone 5 and the 8X have. Reviewers call the 822 a mid range device but really is it a better device than the 8x in many ways. Moving forward I'll keep my eye out for the 928 but until then I'm all good with the 822.

For those considering the 822, it's a great value!

The only things for which I see the 822 as deserving credit are: appalling signal reception; call quality that is so bad I regularly switch to speakerphone so people can hear me; embarrassingly primitive and erratic Bluetooth; and the need to do battery pulls to resolve crashes. That, BTW, is a partial list. I am glad you like it and evidently have a trouble free unit but there are those of us who have good reason to hate it. It is the worst phone I have touched since I owned an HTC Touch Pro that VZW replaced monthly.

rocketboy

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the dark side. :) I can't imagine what would come out in WP land to make me switch off Nokia. I had an HD7 too. Flawless in many ways but just not the same level of sex as the Lumias. The 8x seemed too much of a riff on Lumia design and I wanted to support the only WP only company. I'm also beginning to realize the subtle genius in the WP8/7 tiles interface. I don't think a non-HD screen is as much of a drawback as people say. I have the 920 but I think the AMOLED screens of the L8xx series are great looking.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
The only things for which I see the 822 as deserving credit are: appalling signal reception; call quality that is so bad I regularly switch to speakerphone so people can hear me; embarrassingly primitive and erratic Bluetooth; and the need to do battery pulls to resolve crashes. That, BTW, is a partial list. I am glad you like it and evidently have a trouble free unit but there are those of us who have good reason to hate it. It is the worst phone I have touched since I owned an HTC Touch Pro that VZW replaced monthly.

Could you just leave already? Virtually no one here shares the same opinion as you.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm not experiencing any of these issues. Call quality is fine, Bluetooth pairs quicker and doesn't disconnect like my Droid did.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The 822 is a solid phone and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone. I prefer the 8X but the 822 is a lot of bang for the buck.

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I love my 822. I have never had any problem with it ad I've had my Grey 822 since about a week after launch. Its probably the best phone I have owned to date.

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I went and exchanged it, I had a DOA apparently. While that was a bummer, I am satisfied with the second one I got!

Very speedy!

ItsMrMark

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from a Note II and am very impressed with the 822's battery life! Both WiFi and Bluetooth pairs up quickly and automatically. As for LTE? See below:
989144.png

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
There are some many great features windows phones have and most people don't know. I love the voice commands while I am driving it makes my life so much easier.

itsaBEARonFIRE

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Only problem is is that when installing an app, my phone basically refuses to work at all until it's done.
It's annoying to have my phone completely freeze up like that...

gpstrucker

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the OP. The 822 is a fantastic phone. I have had zero problems with it since I bought it. Call quality and signal reception are superb, and the Bluetooth connects faster and works better than that on my SG3.

Well, ok, I did experience one odd little glitch at first. Whenever I tried to turn off the phone it would immediately boot up again. Was just a minor glitch and a 30 second battery pull worked that out and it has shut down properly ever since. I have found it to be a very stable and reliable phone and unless something major changes I will be sticking with Nokia from here on out.

Macdaddy0

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
i just switched from the note II to the lumia 822 as well. Love this phone so far only draw back Ive been having is battery don't last nearly aslong as my note II.....Defiantly not a deal breaker cause i love the the OS much more than android so far...My note II would freeze and become so slow which (**** me off so bad) way to often and having a quad core processor it doesn't compare to my 822 which never seems to slow down at anything i have thrown at it yet so will see...

Ltauhmise

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I am also using a Galaxy Note II. But I've always loved Nokia phones and I saw the Lumia 822 in a Windows Store and thought to myself "What a handsome looking phone.." I went over, gave it a whirl, and instantly fell in love. I purchased one without a second thought despite the limitations of Windows Phone OS. I now alternate between using my Galaxy Note II and my Lumia 822. (I mostly use my Lumia on the weekends, as the Note II I use for... well, note taking). And genuinely enjoy the experience.