Update trouble

Gazabo005

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I tried to solve the size of Other "folder" on my HTC 8S. I have read on a forum that after firmware (or OS WP8) update some of the users experienced Other size decrease of 100 Mb. Before the update I had around 3 Mb free space. Phone did not complain about that (while installing other apps or taking pics it stated I had no memory left and have to free some space. Something gone wrong while updating and thats how it ends. Restart does not work. Cannt do anything. It is to be claimed. Does that happened to anyone? Or does anybody knows how to deal with that?
Thx
HTC 8S.JPG

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset?

Performing a factory reset using phone buttonsIf you can’t turn your phone on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the phone's buttons.
1.Turn the power off.
2.Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button. Release the VOLUME DOWN button when you see an icon on the screen.
3.Then press the following hardware buttons in sequence: VOLUME UP > VOLUME DOWN > POWER > VOLUME DOWN.

Gazabo005

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for quick answer. Unfortunatelly it does not work. Phone is impossible to switch off. When pressing POWER button shortly it does nothing. And while pressing POWER for longer it restarts and goes into a loap on my video. Ive tried the hard reset combination as you stated in different moods of my phone. But it doesnt work.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for quick answer. Unfortunatelly it does not work. Phone is impossible to switch off. When pressing POWER button shortly it does nothing. And while pressing POWER for longer it restarts and goes into a loap on my video. Ive tried the hard reset combination as you stated in different moods of my phone. But it doesnt work.
Unplug the charger

Gazabo005

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I did it even with the unplugged cable. Now, when I tried it again my phone just switched off. It only works with the cable in. I suppose it had somehow damaged my battery. Pretty nice

Jimmy Cooper

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
You have what I have, I had it from reseting my phone. Your phone is bricked, I took mine back to the store and I have to wait for a week to get it repaired. You can either flash it or take it back to the store and see what they can do. Its pretty much impossible to fix :L I havnt had my phone for 5 days its killing me.

Alex Ionas

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Apparently the factory reset microsoft has implemented is quite stupid. I see a lot of people complain about bricking their phones when they tried to do a factory reset. I find this very idiotic, a think that is supposed to bring your phone to factory state, breaks it.

Gazabo005

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Apparently the factory reset microsoft has implemented is quite stupid. I see a lot of people complain about bricking their phones when they tried to do a factory reset. I find this very idiotic, a think that is supposed to bring your phone to factory state, breaks it.
Well, my problem is not about factory reset. So there is no point of bringing here this topic

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes