Lumia 822: Unable to find a bootable option error.

gracevictoria88

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
i had the exact same thing happen to me, and i went to the verizon store today and they said theres nothing i can do but buy a refurbished phone. it was on a two year contract and the contract is up in january so i still have to pay for it even if it doesnt work. i do not recommend verizon or the nokia lumia to anyone.

drumsorbit

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Had the same error to my 1020 about a week ago. Unable to reset or restore it and the NSRT was responding that it was incompatible. Took it to Vodafone here in London and they had to send it off. Returned about a week later with a brand new Lumia 1020 as they said it couldn't be repaired. Still under my two year contract, without insurance, but covered for a dead phone! Cost me nothing to repair.

No real explaination as to why it died. Would really like to know more about the issue since it seems to affect different Nokia models.

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, my Lumia 822 just took the "Unable to find bootable option" dump as well. Found a Samsung Ativ Neo S refurb on ebay for $99 bucks, will hold me over until the 830 comes way down in price.

Mustang17

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Afraid not, after the Lumia Recovery software did not recognise my 1020 when it did the same thing. I spent 2 hours downloading 1.83 gigs of software before being told this. I really just want a straight answer. I get no spinning cogs, nothing, just Error Cannot find a bootalble option. I have tried the hard reset, the soft reset, nope. In fact I cant get through the hard reset procedure as it just shows the same error. I was told to flatten the battery and it would be forced to put the OS on the phone because it thinks its dead. Nope didn't work. My flagship 1020 is not supported by the recovery tool, even though it identified the phone and downloaded the right software. Brilliant!

Rant over..

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Bro, straight answer is - your phone is bricked.
Positive side is that you still can salvage a case, battery, screen.

nani0511

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520: Unable to find a bootable option error.

Unable to find a bootable option in my lumia 520
please help me. what should i do ?
:unhappysweat::unhappy::straight:

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
For the people having this issue, go to Nokia's website and try to get warranty service. When I entered my serial #, it was out of warranty. But I printed the shipping stuff anyway and sent it in. They sent me back a new phone for no charge. I think there is a hardware defect or something that causes this error and Nokia is informally doing some sort of extended coverage.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
For the people having this issue, go to Nokia's website and try to get warranty service. When I entered my serial #, it was out of warranty. But I printed the shipping stuff anyway and sent it in. They sent me back a new phone for no charge. I think there is a hardware defect or something that causes this error and Nokia is informally doing some sort of extended coverage.

I'll have to try this when I get home.

Kuldeep Changia

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

Even my phone is out of warranty facing the same issue of "unable to find a bootable option". How did u manage Nokia to replace ur phone..??.. Do let me know ..

Thanks in advance

Kuldeep

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Think some users are getting this mixed up with BSOD. My 920 just BSOD'd when using GPS a few weeks back. Thought it was toast, but with help with a persistent Microsoft Store employee we got it working. It seemed like we had to time the restore process to the BSOD. Can't remember what it is, but if you got it to recognize your phone to download and then it doesn't, just keep trying after using the three button reset.

Rahul Rajeshware

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 625: Unable to find a bootable option error. how to salll this problema

Re: Lumia 625: Unable to find a bootable option error. how to salll this problema

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If you read this whole thread, no one has found a solution. This error probably means your phone is dead and can't come back to life.

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Great sadness!

Only a few weeks ago, I wrote another user to say that the "unable to find a bootable option" error is a sign of hardware failure and the phone is basically bricked.

Now my beloved 822, which I've owned since the first month it was on the market, has gone to that same graveyard. 822 has been reliable. She does lots of things well. I'm long past being eligible for a new phone, but I liked my old friend too well to want to give her up.

Now, there's no choice -- I have to move on. So I'll get something shiny and new -- though I don't yet know what -- but losing an old friend is still sad.

AnkitKumar Vaghela

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520: Unable to find a bootable option error.

I had this issue on my lumia 520 as well.My nl 525 didn't have this kinda error at all..Lumia software Recovery tool didn't help me and had to submit my phone at Nokia Care centre where they charged me INR 1000/-as an advance cost and est cost is INR 2999/-+taxes applicable.If they return my phone with no development then I'm gonna go knock the doors of consumer court and ask Nokia for a replacement.

100pctcdn

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I just had the exact same thing happen to my Lumia this morning. Neither Verizon nor Windows can explain why this has happened/what caused this error message. Super frustrated! They need to take a closer look and figure out what's going on, in my opinion. Curious to know if your contract had ended, I can't help but think this would be a convenient way for them to force an upgrade...which I am due for but hadn't planned on at this time. What a pain!:unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes