Lumia 822: Unable to find a bootable option error.

senai

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
hey, i have the same problem, unfortunately i dont have the option of sending the phone back seeing as im not in the US. i tried to flash my lumia 822 with a rom i downloaded with nokia care suite, but i keep getting the error "0xFA001106: Signature check of FFU file fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not correctly signed or not signed for this device." . . . any idea what the problem could be? or how i could fix it?. . . any help would really be appreciated.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Whoosh, this thread is scary! I hope this doesn't happen to my 822 anytime soon; it's proven to be a reliable phone so far...

Note to self: Do not ever pull out battery because of an OS freeze.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
jeez, this happened to me today. does anyone know what causes this? my phone was fine last night, so it had to have happened while it was charging overnight

senai

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I also got the same error. Though I don't know what exactly caused it though. After trying everything that you did, I took it to a Nokia shop and they said they couldn't fix it. I just had to buy another one. Sorry

mohdshaheerkm

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
me too had the same error screen in my device. Took to many nokia care's , but they refused to take the handset as it is out of india Handset. and they will not support. Have given the same to an third party shop, they are trying to make it work again, will keep u guys updated on the same.

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Bah, my 822 just pulled this stunt after the wtf Verizon "update". So that's two out of two phones in my house that died with this error since their purchase a little over a year ago. It's out of warranty so I had to buy a new one. I tried the NSU utility and the new Software Recovery Tool, both tools fail right as they start to write the firmware. My guess is there was a crap batch of flash ram.

-E

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Bah, my 822 just pulled this stunt after the wtf Verizon "update". So that's two out of two phones in my house that died with this error since their purchase a little over a year ago. It's out of warranty so I had to buy a new one. I tried the NSU utility and the new Software Recovery Tool, both tools fail right as they start to write the firmware. My guess is there was a crap batch of flash ram.

-E

I think the Verizon/OS updates have something to do with it for sure. as stated previously I had this "unable to find a bootable option" shortly after updating and just this past week I downloaded the new OS updated from Verizon (update 2, not 3) and about a day later parts of my touch screen stopped working. I figured this issue would be more physical damage but there aren't any instances I can think of that would have caused it (dropping the phone, water damage etc..)

whatever it is, hopefully nokia/verizon/microsoft can figure it out.

tedscreamer

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
hey, i have the same problem, unfortunately i dont have the option of sending the phone back seeing as im not in the US. i tried to flash my lumia 822 with a rom i downloaded with nokia care suite, but i keep getting the error "0xFA001106: Signature check of FFU file fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not correctly signed or not signed for this device." . . . any idea what the problem could be? or how i could fix it?. . . any help would really be appreciated.

Just joined the forum to try and figure out how to remediate the problem with my wife's Verizon 822 (White version). I have been able to get the latest Nokia Care Suite and downloaded updated firmware (product code 059P3Z8 RM-845 VAR VRZ WHITE). I am now receiving the same error as above and am looking for what is required to get past this step. Did not see any further replies address this error with the FFU file.

Thanks in advance.
-STH

tedscreamer

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Try the newish Nokia Recovery Tool. It didn't work for me because my phone wouldn't "take" the flashing, but you can try it

Support - - Nokia - USA

Unfortunately, the Nokia Recovery Tool doesn't work. I get the error message that the application cannot connect to the phone. Since the phone is unable to boot up, there is no way for it to connect. I'm back to trying the Nokia Care Center application. Right now, it is behaving different that the last time. Will post an update.

tedscreamer

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, the Nokia Recovery Tool doesn't work. I get the error message that the application cannot connect to the phone. Since the phone is unable to boot up, there is no way for it to connect. I'm back to trying the Nokia Care Center application. Right now, it is behaving different that the last time. Will post an update.

Well, I no longer get the error "0xFA001106: blah, blah, blah", but all I get now is "Message Send Failed". I'd like to find one person who was able to fix the original problem.

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Well, I no longer get the error "0xFA001106: blah, blah, blah", but all I get now is "Message Send Failed". I'd like to find one person who was able to fix the original problem.

I'm not sure anyone was able to fix the "unable to find a bootable option" issue. I think the fixes we see are for the stuck spinning gears problem. I think the "bootable option" error comes up too early in the phone's boot process and the phone can't get far enough to even accept a reflash.

-E

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Yeah when I originally had the "unable to boot" problem I couldn't use the software to get to the phone either. luckily I was still under warranty and just sent it in. Other than sending it in, I was unable to find a solution as well.

AskaLangly

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello again. Remember the earlier posts of mine about my refurb? Well, it did the same exact thing again. This time, the phone wasn't doing anything. Last thing I did on it was play a game, install a few Microsoft-related apps, and silence the phone. I wake up, just to find my phone crapped itself with the same error.

cad-man-06

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
The issue is with the sd memory chip used by the OS to boot your phone. It's dead. Can't be fixed by a non-tech person as it's soldered to the mainboard.
you need a new phone. Verizon is aware of the issue. I just had the same thing happen to me.
Thanks,

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Well this just happened to my Nokia Lumia 822. As far as I can tell there was no rhyme or reason. I set my phone down for the night and turned on a couple of alarms for the morning. The next day I woke up, realized my alarms hadn't gone off, and went to check my phone. I hit the power button and it vibrated turned on, displayed the Nokia screen, and then displayed the "No bootable option found". Needless to say it looks like I am going to need a new phone.

Edit: On that note, what are my options as an on-contract Verizon customer? I do have their (Asurion, I think) insurance policy, but does that mean I would get a refurbished Lumia 822? I've had the phone for about a year and a half, so I'm sure all warranties are gone. I think that Lumia 822s have been out of stock for some time now, so how can I go about getting a replacement phone? I welcome any advice and suggestions. Was gonna stop by a Verizon store today.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb