Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
It probably is a good idea to take out the card like metalchick719 is suggesting, however I have this weird feeling that the album art is kept in the Other folder. Please tell us what happens.

I want to say there was another thread covering this issue. I believe the album art or at least metadata is stored on the phone itself. Never got around to confirming this since I have finally fixed my deranged album listing issues.

On topic though... I think I'm going to stop by a TMO store and see if I can get a straight answer. One of the sales people had an 810, so I can hope he cares. Or at least knows what's going on. Otherwise... guess it's time to setup a Twitter.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I want to say there was another thread covering this issue. I believe the album art or at least metadata is stored on the phone itself. Never got around to confirming this since I have finally fixed my deranged album listing issues.

On topic though... I think I'm going to stop by a TMO store and see if I can get a straight answer. One of the sales people had an 810, so I can hope he cares. Or at least knows what's going on. Otherwise... guess it's time to setup a Twitter.

Let us know what you learn in stores. I hope you get a straight answer.

trouble210

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It probably is a good idea to take out the card like metalchick719 is suggesting, however I have this weird feeling that the album art is kept in the Other folder. Please tell us what happens.
Unless a miracle fix comes in the next day or two, I will. I'll let everyone know how it goes...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Guys, don't forget to sign the petition if you haven't done so. Hopefully we can get as many views and signatures to make our case. Spread the word!

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
...I hope you guys and girls are reading the tweets...Nokia said that "if I feel the phone isn't working properly, their techs can look at it"...like I'm making this up just to get attention...what the hell is sending it to them going to do without the firmware update?

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
They all can just put it on others... Nokia says they have it ready, carrier has to accept it... TMO will never say its with them, 'waiting for Nokia' !!!

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
They all can just put it on others... Nokia says they have it ready, carrier has to accept it... TMO will never say its with them, 'waiting for Nokia' !!!
I went to a local T-Mobile store earlier today, had the rep call technical support...technical support said that they would forward my problem to engineering, and they will see why T-Mobile rejected the update...now, I can't tell you what to do, but obviously they think that I'm the only one with this problem...put some pressure on them!!! 😊

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I got the same response. I told them if I have to move away from the phone because of a lack of firmware updates, I will discuss on my podcast. I will **** on the OS from all my social media. I have about 100,000 listeners a month to my podcast. I have done this with other products. They usually freak out a bit when I do.

If they blow this, I don't have any problems speaking honestly about how ****ty the phone worked out of me.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm reading the comments....I'll give proper shouts when I get to my PC....proud of you! Keep up the pressure 😁!! We WILL be heard!
Sent from my Nokia L810 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss