Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
There aren't enough 810 owners to make a difference. The number of 810 owners who own phones and know their is an issue with updates is even smaller. The same small group spamming does not make a difference.

you're a charmer, have you ever heard of ethics or honor?

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
That was just a simple breakdown of the facts. There aren't enough of us to make a difference.

I'll leave the ad hominems to you.

I have been very consistent stating that cell phone companies, or any company for that matter should act ethically and with honor, treating their customers with respect. Companies that do such receive loyalty in return. Counting customers, treating them as a throw away if their numbers don't add up is not treating one's customers with honor. What you call "facts" I call an error of judgment, an ethical failing.

As far as ad hominem attacks, I call attention to your post #299 of this thread where you respond to me with "with your exact churlish, arrogant, nonsense." So yes, my calling you a "charmer" is certainly sarcastic and not something I will withdraw.

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I have been very consistent stating that cell phone companies, or any company for that matter should act ethically and with honor, treating their customers with respect. Companies that do such receive loyalty in return. Counting customers, treating them as a throw away if their numbers don't add up is not treating one's customers with honor. What you call "facts" I call an error of judgment, an ethical failing.

As far as ad hominem attacks, I call attention to your post #299 of this thread where you respond to me with "with your exact churlish, arrogant, nonsense." So yes, my calling you a "charmer" is certainly sarcastic and not something I will withdraw.

Morality and ethics are irrelevant. There are not enough 810 owners.

And, you are correct, I made a comment about your behavior but not you. There is a difference.

Hilarious that you sifted thru a couple hundred posts, though.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Morality and ethics are irrelevant. There are not enough 810 owners.

And, you are correct, I made a comment about your behavior but not you. There is a difference.

Hilarious that you sifted thru a couple hundred posts, though.

wrong, wrong, and wrong

1. Morality and ethics are never irrelevant.
2. If I thought your characterization of "churlish, arrogant, nonsense" was an accurate description of my behavior, which I do not; I would still call into question your "distinction" between my "behavior" and "me". You have falsely characterized my behavior and you know nothing else about me.
3. Your assumption that I sifted through a couple of hundred posts is wrong, when I saw your post I remembered that I had an earlier impression of you and I was able to confirm it quite quickly.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
There aren't enough 810 owners to make a difference. The number of 810 owners who own phones and know their is an issue with updates is even smaller. The same small group spamming does not make a difference.

Unfortunately, I agree with the fact that there may not be enough 810 users. Honestly, Nokia f#$&%#d the 8xx line. Have people noticed that not all 820s globally have gotten the newest firmware allowing storage check app? I guess there aren't enough of those users either to make a difference...

T-Mobile didn't help with pricing either, and that's why we are where we are. The 920, 928 and the coming 925 are better values at the $99 price point. See, they didn't even sell enough 8Xs either and that's all but EOLed too.

I was reading something recently that the 920, & 8X were the first in line to get the next update. I do have a VZW 8X now, so I suppose once it gets released I will let you know how the new forward runs. I think that while all Lumias will get the next round of updates, because this is such a specific carrier model, T-Mobile will likely use the whole "we're too broke and preoccupied with selling our more popular phones" to get around to the 810.

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
wrong, wrong, and wrong

1. Morality and ethics are never irrelevant.
2. If I thought your characterization of "churlish, arrogant, nonsense" was an accurate description of my behavior, which I do not; I would still call into question your "distinction" between my "behavior" and "me". You have falsely characterized my behavior and you know nothing else about me.
3. Your assumption that I sifted through a couple of hundred posts is wrong, when I saw your post I remembered that I had an earlier impression of you and I was able to confirm it quite quickly.

I was calling out your behavior not the subject you were addressing. So, no.

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, I agree with the fact that there may not be enough 810 users. Honestly, Nokia f#$&%#d the 8xx line. Have people noticed that not all 820s globally have gotten the newest firmware allowing storage check app? I guess there aren't enough of those users either to make a difference...

T-Mobile didn't help with pricing either, and that's why we are where we are. The 920, 928 and the coming 925 are better values at the $99 price point. See, they didn't even sell enough 8Xs either and that's all but EOLed too.

Spot on. They handicapped the phone and now have discarded it because of their initial poor decision making.

T Mobile is the cheap phone carrier. That's why we are all on T Mobile, so this is part of the deal. We just aren't going to get service like people who have other carriers. If they don't update the phone, I'll probably just have to leave T Mobile. It's not worth it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Spot on. They handicapped the phone and now have discarded it because of their initial poor decision making.

T Mobile is the cheap phone carrier. That's why we are all on T Mobile, so this is part of the deal. We just aren't going to get service like people who have other carriers. If they don't update the phone, I'll probably just have to leave T Mobile. It's not worth it.

My issue was that Nokia was put in a messy spot by entering the WP game late with the 800/900 models. I would have loved to see the 925 launched with the 920 last year. At least if that model didn't sell and T-Mobile EOL'ed it, id be a happier camper. As it stands, as much as I like my 810, the market is different now. The EOS is around the corner, so T-Mobile gets last year's hardware almost a year later? Why wold you buy this? If the 925 doesn't sell, it gets killed too.

You're right, you get what you pay for. At this point, T-Mobile's cutting corners on looking after customers with the same level of integrity and intelligence b23h always talks about.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone get the 1532.2105.1242.2001 firmware yet?

Mine is 1532.5951.1250.1004. Now, I'm no expert here, but my gut says that nine is the latest version. There was a dude who got people excited for no reason today by saying he has an update on his 810. My first thought was he probably didn't update the phone since launch...and it would appear that guess was correct. Sigh.

What firmware do others have?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Mine is 1532.5951.1250.1004. Now, I'm no expert here, but my gut says that nine is the latest version. There was a dude who got people excited for no reason today by saying he has an update on his 810. My first thought was he probably didn't update the phone since launch...and it would appear that guess was correct. Sigh.

Mine is 1532.5951.1250.1004 like yours and now that att updated the 820 do you think the 810 will get the updates ? I mean I think the att was the only 820 phone not updated now that it has been updated I ask if will get updated by tmo?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine is 1532.5951.1250.1004 like yours and now that att updated the 820 do you think the 810 will get the updates ? I mean I think the att was the only 820 phone not updated now that it has been updated I ask if will get updated by tmo?

When i last read stuff on updates, the 822 hasn't gotten the update yet either. "Too late to the party"-Mobile is too busy prepping the 925's launch. From what I read recently, the 1st 4 devices to get the next update are the 920, 925, 520 and 8X. This means that you plus another few light years until they get to both the 810 and T-Mo 8X...

zbvz

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

I was that "dude" :/ My bad, didn't mean to get everyone excited. I've been having my phone for quite a while and I had updated before. I don't understand how it allowed me to update yesterday but somehow I am on the 1532.2108.1242.2001 version, which is practically how the phone shipped. Worst thing is that everytime I try to update now it tells me that I am "up to date". Is there another way I can update to the most recent 1532.5951.1250.1004 version?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
My first thought was he probably didn't update the phone since launch...and it would appear that guess was correct. Sigh.

Whoops... I missed that part. Dang it.

So now we wait for Amber/GDR2 to see if we get any love from T-mo.

dave0538

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey, does any one have the rm-878 navifirm cache by anychance? maybe there is a beta rom on there :/ or if not now maybe soon? can hope I guess.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I was that "dude" :/ My bad, didn't mean to get everyone excited. I've been having my phone for quite a while and I had updated before. I don't understand how it allowed me to update yesterday but somehow I am on the 1532.2108.1242.2001 version, which is practically how the phone shipped. Worst thing is that everytime I try to update now it tells me that I am "up to date". Is there another way I can update to the most recent 1532.5951.1250.1004 version?

Have you done battery pulls or soft resets? There may another way to flash the firmware but since MSFT took the fun out of that with OTAs in WP8, I'm not sure how to do that.

Sorry for blasting you like that. It was kinda like someone giving away free tickets to see a t***y bar and you walked in to see all the working girls are 75 y.o. & up... It's all good though...we can hope T-Mobile allows the Amber update...

zbvz

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
It was kinda like someone giving away free tickets to see a t***y bar and you walked in to see all the working girls are 75 y.o. & up
lmao! good one, I see your point. No problem though. I was excited because I really thought it was a new update but now I'm stuck with a previous version. I have tried everything so far but it hasn't worked, It seems like the only option now is to do a hard reset which I was considering to do anyway since my "other" folder is now at 3.2GB and the shrink storage app doesn't do anything for me anymore.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It was kinda like someone giving away free tickets to see a t***y bar and you walked in to see all the working girls are 75 y.o. & up... It's all good though...we can hope T-Mobile allows the Amber update...
T-Mobile is the t***y bar. No way would they allow hot young Amber to come out and play ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss