Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I could have gotten that $50 rebate, but I was hesitant to do so because at the store when I first tried to get the 810, I was hassled by the sales rep as she told me I needed to sign up for the $35 per month 5GB data plan. That was ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS and utterly unacceptable (lol, I ranted in a thread about it up here), especially when I have never even come close to using up the 200MB of data I had before early May. Thought I would run into a similar issue if I attempted to collect my rebate when they saw that, at the time, I had only 300 minutes, 500 texts and 200MB of data. I honestly didn't think it was worth it.

How much did you have to fork over?

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, a bit off topic but did I miss something about the catwalk? I thought that was codename for the 925. There's another phone rumored for Tmo?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The thing about T Mobile and T Mobile stores is they (store) don't and can't offer then same deal as online, the stores hate it so if they said you need to sign up for a 5GB plan for $35. then your only choice would have been to buy online or refuse, but that's the parameters that the stores work within and it makes it difficult for the stores -which are T Mobile stores- to compete with online prices and deals.

I had no idea about that until after this situation. When I posted my rant up here after my failed attempt to buy the 810 in store, people told me how it was and to just buy it online. From there, it was a breeze. Yeah, so it's online for me from now on. The funny thing is that I even offered to pay full price for the phone in the store, but no dice.

How much did you have to fork over?

The migration fee was $200. Of course, it came to a bit more thanks to taxes, but you know what? I'm not really bothered by it. It was a one time fee and I love my plan now. I have a shared value plan with my mother for $80 per month (unlimited talk, unlimited text and 500MB of data), and after taxes I'm only paying $51. Not too shabby considering that I was paying $54-$55 for only 300 minutes, 500 texts and 200MB of data. I'm glad to be rid of my old grandfathered plan, to be honest.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia Amber Updates for Lumia 810 - 13 July ? We'll see

Who is the blogger? Reliable?

No crap Nokia is rolling out Amber for Lumia devices. Question is... will TMO allow it?

Anyway... here's a list of what we are likely to miss.
-Xbox Music fixed
-FM radio
-Improved skype/Lync
-updated and improved Internet Explorer
-Camera
-Cool features such as flip to silence, put pillow over to silence, and headbutt twice to wake.
-Maybe Data Sense, but I sincerely doubt that.
-Storage check.

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

No crap Nokia is rolling out Amber for Lumia devices. Question is... will TMO allow it?

Anyway... here's a list of things we don't know if we will get.
-Xbox Music fixed
-FM radio
-Improved skype/Lync
-Camera
-Cool features such as flip to silence, put pillow over to silence, and headbutt twice to wake.
-Storage check.

Fixed that for you.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

-Xbox Music fixed
-FM radio
-Improved skype/Lync
-Camera
-Storage check.

NO
on TM Community an official TM worker Hore said "we know nothing about a Lumia 810 update" -really haven't heard a thing ?

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

NO
on TM Community an official TM worker Hore said "we know nothing about a Lumia 810 update" -really haven't heard a thing ?

they say that to every question regarding any type of support/firmware for anyphone unless the update is posted on their site.

David Poindexter

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I'm no longer on that two-year contract. I paid a migration fee to go over to a $50 Value Simple Choice plan. Got out of my contract. Okay, I had to fork over a bit of money, but I'm not sorry I did it. I'm using a Rogers 920 now, have been since early May. Of course, I do still have my 810 as a backup phone, though.

Metalchick719...You may want to check with T-mobile on this. I paid the migration fee too and ended up having to cancel my contract because I was traveling to too many areas where there was no service for work. At the end of the day, they say that migration fee was to make up the cost of the phone and NOT to change you to the no-contract plan. So not only did I pay $200 plus the cost of the 810, to switch to what I thought was the no-contract plan but now they want me to pay another $200 for cancelling my contract...It's been an on going battle. On a side note, when I explained to customer service why I had to cancel my contract their response was "You know we offer wi-fi calling", to which I responded "Not on the 810 you don't". So if you think you're not still on contract with them, you may want to double check.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site

-Xbox Music fixed
-FM radio
-Improved skype/Lync
-Camera
-Storage check.

"headbutt twice to wake" awesome... even cooler if its voice control wake... "wake the **** up"

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
"headbutt twice to wake" awesome... even cooler if its voice control wake... "wake the **** up"

What would be even cooler is if you could say: "go get the latest update", and it did so. What would happen now is this:

Owner: "810, go get the latest update."
810: (laughs hysterically): "you forgot your *** is on t-mo? Updates + t-mo = cannot compute!"
Owner (turns white as a sheet): "Are you serious? Then spell out my fate, wise guy?"
810: "You've got to do the j-u-m-p to avoid the e-o-l you see, and even forking over that extra cash is no g-u-a-r-a-n-t-e-e. The only thing you can spell with certainty is s-t-u-p-i-d-i-t-y for buying a carrier locked phone, much less a carrier variant. Good look selling that one, buddy."

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
What would be even cooler is if you could say: "go get the latest update", and it did so. What would happen now is this:

Owner: "810, go get the latest update."
810: (laughs hysterically): "you forgot your *** is on t-mo? Updates + t-mo = cannot compute!"

Yup, looks right to me. It reminds me of some of the early Star Trek, where Kirk or Spock does a logic trick with some evil computer to get it to self-destruct....

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Man check this out for an answer why even bother...

tmo_jessicab T-Force said:
dodgersfan909 said:
Can someone, preferably not a T-Mobile employee, confirm this, or give a tip that Lumia 810 might actually get the update? And if you're a T-Mobile employee, please don't answer with the run-of-the-mill "we don't know" herpty-derp, instead, can you provide us with the email to the president or something so we can possibly get answers?

1. Re: Nokia Lumia 810 GDR2 Update

tmo_jessicab Jul 13, 2013 1:29 PM (in response to dodgersfan909)

Hello dodgersfan909,

Software updates for devices take time and collaboration between the carrier, device manufacturer and the OS developer. T-Mobile is dedicated to providing you with the best experience possible but have no information at this time.

dodgersfan909 said:
Thanks for, answering the question, I guess? Can someone else answer this please?

What the hell kind of an answer is that??
The last statement is pretty funny and sad at the same time shame on you tmob. SMFH...

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
tmo_jessicab Jul 13, 2013 1:29 PM (in response to dodgersfan909)

Hello dodgersfan909,

Software updates for devices take time and collaboration between the carrier, device manufacturer and the OS developer. T-Mobile is dedicated to providing you with the best experience possible but have no information at this time...

what a ****.

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Man check this out for an answer why even bother...

What the hell kind of an answer is that??
The last statement is pretty funny and sad at the same time shame on you tmob. SMFH...
You know what kind of answer is that? A copy-paste one. It happens all the time, paste this, send, next one, repeat the process. They don't have a clue. And it's a shame from a carrier to abandon the phone not even half a year after the release. Everything to get money from us. It's like saying: "Fck you, we won't support it, so you have to buy a new one or get along with what you've got.". Classics, happens in my country as well.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
All i know is that my 810's days are counted... giving it by the end of summer "IF" we don't get the updates... and jump right to unlock 920 or back to android (unlock) where I originated...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb