Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Sad, but I will be switching to an iPhone if there is no Amber update. I can't deal with the music and storage issues.

Until Microsoft realizes the issue and pushes their own updates, I don't want to deal with this OS.

Storage is one thing and Music would be another but to me, it's not really affecting me too much... guess it depends on each individual preferences... but generally i agree with you that these features need some major fixing (who knows if it'll ever happen)... problem is even if MS or Nokia rolls out the update, it will still have to go through carrier since its carrier exclusive - like a freagen road block. Pretty much what killed this device as far as update-wise. I will believe it when i see it. We all just have to hang on til summer's over to determine the fate of 810 which by then all WP8 should have received or will start receiving the Amber from Nokia and most likely GDR2 from MS (even though well more than 50% of 810 owners believe that we will not get anymore support)

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I think the active, constant, ongoing conversations here, on Nokia, on MS Help, T Mobile Facefoot ( in mouth)
and T Mobile Support Community has been the reason why this has (hopefully) resulted in an actual update for 810 owners.
- I'm still not holding my breath.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Forgive me if I'm not doing cartwheels at Daniel's article on t-mo testing GDR2 for the 810, but waazzuuppp mentioned this weeks ago. Frankly, I only care if it ready for release....not it being leaked "OMG! They're testing it!" to placate me.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Forgive me if I'm not doing cartwheels at Daniel's article on t-mo testing GDR2 for the 810, but waazzuuppp mentioned this weeks ago. Frankly, I only care if it ready for release....not it being leaked "OMG! They're testing it!" to placate me.

Roger that but we 810'rs are starving for any type of info even if it is a crumb. Snap shot at least tells me they are really testing it, if they pull it there will be hell to pay no doubt. Dangle the carrot and then never get it would be the worst case scenario on their part.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Roger that but we 810'rs are starving for any type of info even if it is a crumb. Snap shot at least tells me they are really testing it, if they pull it there will be hell to pay no doubt. Dangle the carrot and then never get it would be the worst case scenario on their part.

They did that before...see what happened with the Radar and Lumia 710. Unlocked is my way forward. I saw the international Ativ S on sale someplace for $300 and if I had the cash, I'd buy it. Personally, I don't think the 925 will sell as well as t-mo hopes. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I won't be surprised if the 925 gets the EOL treatment.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I like my 810, but I'll believe it when I see it....I'm willing to bet that the Lumia 810 won't get an update until after T-Mobile moves the Lumia 925...(I hate to sound like ants at a picnic)

mschmi02

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
figures this would get announced the day after I ditched my 810 for a 925...

BTW I don't know if it's because my wife worked some voodoo on the CSR rep or something, but they (TMO) let us buy 2 925's and switch to the value plan + Jump, and they WAIVED the $400 contract term fee after she gave them a sob story about our 810's not getting updates, out of memory, etc... So basically we paid $170 after tax and fees for the 2 925's, we kept out 810's (which will get sold) and our monthly bill stayed the same. Phenomenal.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
figures this would get announced the day after I ditched my 810 for a 925...

BTW I don't know if it's because my wife worked some voodoo on the CSR rep or something, but they (TMO) let us buy 2 925's and switch to the value plan + Jump, and they WAIVED the $400 contract term fee after she gave them a sob story about our 810's not getting updates, out of memory, etc... So basically we paid $170 after tax and fees for the 2 925's, we kept out 810's (which will get sold) and our monthly bill stayed the same. Phenomenal.

Post the contract with your personal info blacked out so we can tell TM that "someone" got this deal and we will have proof when I sent them of the actual deal and ask for the same.

$85. per phone is a big loss for TM why would they do that ? and not have you pay monthly for the phone >
As they say on forums "without pictures it didn't happen".
-2 new 925's and they were only $85. per phone?
and you don't owe anymore on the phones ? :wink: A Phenomenal TALE -what am I missing in your story ?

Last edited:

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
-2 new 925's and they were only $85. per phone?
and you don't owe anymore on the phones ? :wink: A Phenomenal TALE -what am I missing in your story ?

Nah he's making the 20.00 payments so his bill will be forty dollars more a month, how he got to keep the 810's is another mystery.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Nah he's making the 20.00 payments so his bill will be forty dollars more a month, how he got to keep the 810's is another mystery.

He need pictures with a newspaper ( something that was around a lot of years ago) with the current date and the 2- 810s taken with the 925 or it didn't happen.
Those are forum rules enforced universally.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site

2 925s for $170 after taxes and fees!? and $400 early term fee waived just coz his wife did a lil magic sweet talk on the rep!? and gets to keep the 810!?.. GTFO lol...... that's beyond unimaginable profit loss to TMO or should i say "RAPED" lol... i'll believe it when we see the proof of this too good to be true transaction...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss