Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
My thought was that since the 810 is a carrier variant and lower in t-mo's to do list, we won't get it at least until after the 920 and 521. At least the 8X may get it this week.

Last I read and someone here confirmed that too, it (Amber update ) was pushed out to August, so this week doesn't seem likely.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Last I read and someone here confirmed that too, it (Amber update ) was pushed out to August, so this week doesn't seem likely.

Ultimately, this is why a carrier branded phone is such a bad idea, because if it doesn't sell, it's like that one person you you only call whenever your need something...only worth it for what it can do in that moment, but don't want them around...

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site

it's almost August anyways.. i will still remain optimistic that we will get an update.. if the HTC 8X TMOs are getting updated, so shall ours.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I too am trying to stay optimistic that tmo will not completely abandon the 810 with future updates. If they do... It will be a PR nightmare for tmo, Nokia, and MS.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I too am trying to stay optimistic that tmo will not completely abandon the 810 with future updates. If they do... It will be a PR nightmare for tmo, Nokia, and MS.

A PR nightmare ? :asleep: that's an "in joke" isn't it :wink: No it won't it will be just the cost of doing business, the only places it will be "reported" or acknowledged it here and on TM Community and only 810 owners frequent those places. A PR nightmare? - I laughed so much when I read that !

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

A PR nightmare? I doubt many Puerto Ricans knew that t-mo was selling the 810 in the first place. This was the most clumsily handled phone on t-mo in a while...

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

How will this be a PR nightmare for Nokia or MS? I know for a fact they've released updates on their ends. Only thing standing between you and FM radio is T-mobile. And I don't think 50 thousand units is going to generate any pity from anywhere. We are very much at the mercy of TMO right now, and I'd recommend firm but polite nagging. No one's ever gotten what they want by screaming and threatening.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
How will this be a PR nightmare for Nokia or MS? I know for a fact they've released updates on their ends. Only thing standing between you and FM radio is T-mobile. And I don't think 50 thousand units is going to generate any pity from anywhere. We are very much at the mercy of TMO right now, and I'd recommend firm but polite nagging. No one's ever gotten what they want by screaming and threatening.

50K 810s were sold, what ? :confused:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

you've never seen either the French revolution or one my female friends who screams, threatens and complains until people cave in. I just don't trust t-mo. That's all. I'd be happy if we get the upgrade, but I think we won't. But that just my take...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could back that number up with solid data, but 50k is a number that has been thrown around quite a bit. It is a number I could see honestly.

I could agree with that number as well. When you scatter that across the US continent and the few escapees that are around the globe, that's not a lot of phones. That's probably why many here think the 810 won't get many software updates.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
you've never seen either the French revolution or one my female friends who screams, threatens and complains until people cave in. I just don't trust t-mo. That's all. I'd be happy if we get the upgrade, but I think we won't. But that just my take...
I agree 810%...if an update is available, T-Mobile will find some reason not to issue it, and the Lumia 810 will end up just like the HD2 and HD7.

ImTooOld4This

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I just spent three days arguing with them on the phone and they keep regurgitating lies. Sir we still support the phone. Well ya if I break it you will give me another crappy version of the same phone. They keep saying no updates have been made for this phone, and the software on the phone doesn't support LTE. Ya like it's not their fault. I told them to unlock all my phones. Now that I am not under contract I can just take my business elsewhere. I had a Lumia 710 and they didn't update that one to WP 7.8, then I bought the 810 and thought, it will be different, but nope same crap. I'm starting to think T-Mobile isn't any better than ATT or Verizon.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I just spent three days arguing with them on the phone and they keep regurgitating lies. Sir we still support the phone. Well ya if I break it you will give me another crappy version of the same phone. They keep saying no updates have been made for this phone, and the software on the phone doesn't support LTE. Ya like it's not their fault. I told them to unlock all my phones. Now that I am not under contract I can just take my business elsewhere. I had a Lumia 710 and they didn't update that one to WP 7.8, then I bought the 810 and thought, it will be different, but nope same crap. I'm starting to think T-Mobile isn't any better than ATT or Verizon.

you're wasting your time arguing with t-mo support. I've actually called in once and I was the one who told the rep about a phone they started selling in stores that day. Sigh. t-mo's policy has always been that the reps don't know anything until they day o that an announcement is made. So there's no way those folks know when the update for the 810 is to come out.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I think we have 2 weeks to wait to be sure if we are going to get our update or not I mean not all of the phones have gotten them YET we just have to sit and be pacint for the next 2 week im not changing my tune on updates I want to know if we are going to get them or not but we just have to wait a little bit more to know for sure

David Poindexter

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

MSFTisMIA is right, arguing with customer service at T-Mo is pointless, they actually hung up on me, but I was calling about their contract cancellation fee. So just real quick any one who paid the migration fee to go to the "no contract" plan like I did stupidly, you are more than likely still under contract until your actual contract is up. I paid the migration fee to get the 810, but I have been traveling more for work and the areas I travel to have zero service from T-Mo, so I had to switch carriers, after switching I had a nice $200 cancellation fee. 3 days of arguing with customer service that I didn't have a contract according to the store and being hung up on, I let the BBB handle it for me. They did wave the fee finally.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Sahib, all we 810 users have is the time to wait...after all, when your phone gets EOL'ed, all you have is either the time to use it or sell it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05