Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
No, you don't get to know if someone with inside info is giving you the correct info. Because they can lose their job if they have to prove who they are and how they know what they know. I've been in his shoes and whenever I do what he did, I get attacked by people like yourself.

Personally, I just stopped giving out tips. Not worth the bull****.

He's right. Wait and see.

it's always the same story ...and I say it's all about drawing attention to themselves and not about providing information.
I didn't ask for their name or where they got this so called inside info I said guarantee that it will happen or don't make claims that you have it confirmed or shut the f -up, talk is cheap.
They could say where (TM, Nokia, MS ?) they got the info not how or from whom. Do you think wherever this ''so called" confirmed information comes from #1 monitors these forums # 2 has information as to who here passes it on ? No, they have better things to do, so to say that's an issue is more BS. Your right it's not worth the bull$hit listening to so called informed insiders who claim to know something but don't provide any proof except "trust me, wait and see'' or what ever catch phrase will divert attention from the question, PROOF ? If you can't provide a little more than trust me then it's all bull****.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
No, you don't get to know if someone with inside info is giving you the correct info. Because they can lose their job if they have to prove who they are and how they know what they know. I've been in his shoes and whenever I do what he did, I get attacked by people like yourself.

Personally, I just stopped giving out tips. Not worth the bull****.

He's right. Wait and see.
I hit thanks instead of quote, but I'm not taking it back lol...anyhoo, I don't completely disagree with you...but what is the point of dropping a few vague lines about "something good is coming, and that's all I can say" ...and they didn't think that anyone would ask questions...we, who have been waiting for an update to fix this phone, would just say Ok...why even post vague nonsense like that?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to see you go Mystic, but congrats on the new device. I'm hanging tough, as I like the 925 too but don't trust t-mo and being stuck on another carrier branded device. I may hold onto my 810 a little longer and grab an unlocked 920...hopefully by then Amber is out. I'd only get a 925 if it is the 32GB model.

@smurfercom, I'm not surprised at the 810's build...it is a tough phone, it's the Hephaestus/Vulcan of Greek/Roman myth...you forget how good it is in spite of the pub the other Lumias get...

MSFTisMIA, I've seen a "T-Mobile" 925 listed on Negri's website... Actually two as they list the white and the black. Now, both have "For international use only" at the top of their pages, but I've been planning on asking a customer service rep about that. The phones are priced at $549.50. They're said to be "T-Mobile" but also unlocked, which is interesting. Someone said the black one was the German version, but I know I've seen the AWS 1700 band listed on the white for sure. If you want, I can report back to you about them in here or PM after I talk to a CSR. :smile:

UPDATE: I just spoke with a CSR on Negri. He told me the 925s they have up there are not compatible with T-Mobile US' band frequencies. Oh well. It's deceptive though, with the AWS 1700 band listed.

Last edited:

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I hit thanks instead of quote, but I'm not taking it back lol...anyhoo, I don't completely disagree with you...but what is the point of dropping a few vague lines about "something good is coming, and that's all I can say" ...and they didn't think that anyone would ask questions...we, who have been waiting for an update to fix this phone, would just say Ok...why even post vague nonsense like that?

You are right. And that's why I stopped posting inside information. People can't deal with it on any level.

One should just take it for what it is. You can believe the tip or not, depending on your personality. But people can't.

And if one responds to the requests to "prove" it's true, you find they aren't actually looking for anything other than to find some evidence you are lying.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
MSFTisMIA, I've seen a "T-Mobile" 925 listed on Negri's website... Actually two as they list the white and the black. Now, both have "For international use only" at the top of their pages, but I've been planning on asking a customer service rep about that. The phones are priced at $549.50. They're said to be "T-Mobile" but also unlocked, which is interesting. Someone said the black one was the German version, but I know I've seen the AWS 1700 band listed on the white for sure. If you want, I can report back to you about them in here or PM after I talk to a CSR. :smile:

UPDATE: I just spoke with a CSR on Negri. He told me the 925s they have up there are not compatible with T-Mobile US' band frequencies. Oh well. It's deceptive though, with the AWS 1700 band listed.

was it a 32GB model they had listed?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
That sucks. Well, I will have to wait. I still like the look and feel of the 925, but there is something about the 920 that just stands out. Hopefully t-mo will give us the update to GDR2, but I'm not holding my breath there.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
...something good is coming, I have inside information....but I can't tell you what it is or when it's coming...just keep waiting for it....

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
If Jesus had a Nokia Lumia, he sure wouldn't be rocking it on T-Mobile lol!
So it's not Jesus who's coming and the update or guaranteed update date is just as vague as preacher saying Jesus is coming back
but you gotta trust and have faith. I have more faith that Jesus will arrive than the Amber update for the 810 and I have no insider information.

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
...something good is coming, I have inside information....but I can't tell you what it is or when it's coming...just keep waiting for it....

Yeah, that's how all inside information works. Everywhere.

You can just choose not to believe it, or, you can throw a mini **** fit in CAPS for no apparent reason.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
GOOD News Everybody!!!!!!

I just talked to T-mobile service, and they still won't say anything about if or when we'll be getting updates.

someone might get this...

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
:excited:
GOOD News Everybody!!!!!!

I just talked to T-mobile service, and they still won't say anything about if or when we'll be getting updates.

someone might get this...

Wow that's straight from the horses mouth, thanks for the update, how did you get into their inner circle and aren't you afraid of losing your job ?
Thanks you're a brave soul.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I know the guy who drives the truck that empties the trash cans at the dry cleaners next to the T-Mobile store....he said that he heard that the Nokia Lumia 810 was getting an update, but he can't say when...and he doesn't want to get fired....

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I know the guy who drives the truck that empties the trash cans at the dry cleaners next to the T-Mobile store....he said that he heard that the Nokia Lumia 810 was getting an update, but he can't say when...and he doesn't want to get fired....

You should totally cry about not believing him on an internet forum. That's what I'd do.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to be the one who gets this closed down over some nonsense....I'm having fun at the cryptic messages by some in this thread...a few words or phrases that don't mean anything, yet they'll be the first ones to say "see, I told you!" Look in the mirror and find your sense of humor, because this Nokia Lumia 810 phone has been a complete joke to anyone that purchased it.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm not going to be the one who gets this closed down over some nonsense....I'm having fun at the cryptic messages by some in this thread...a few words or phrases that don't mean anything, yet they'll be the first ones to say "see, I told you!" Look in the mirror and find your sense of humor, because this Nokia Lumia 810 phone has been a complete joke to anyone that purchased it.

Not quite a "COMPLETE" joke.. just more of a "disappointment"... i'm content with it except for the damn updates... but seriously, if we don't get updates on these suckers by the end of Summer - sorry WP.. to Android I go back..

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site

So this convo went from "unknown individual who claims to have a source but not credible" to "Jesus".. then to "a guy that drives a truck that empties a trash can..." #awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05