Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I was about to do a hard reset anyway because of my sd card situation. This timing is excellent but it sounds like it doesn't help my music situation at all.

Maybe the updates improve support to microSD cards and large music libraries. I'm curious to know if things are going to improve for you. Use the built-in command to remove the card, then install the update, re-insert the card, re-format it, then copy your music again.

Perhaps the 100th time is the charm. :smile:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
May be WiFi calling as well 😁

I cant check it since i dont have the phone w/ me (dad is using it overseas) but some daredevil guy can try flashing it and then enlighten us w/ the results 😁

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been stuck on Checking Device Pre-Update Conditions for 20+ minutes...

Edit: Restarted Nokia Software Updater and it's installing now. So stoked!

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
ok, since I don't have my 810 I can't verify what's going on. My understanding is that this is not an OTA update from our "pals" at T-Mobile but is rather updates that you've installed from Nokia. Given Storage Check is included, that seems to imply that there was in fact not only a GDR2 and potentially an Amber update, but also a firmware update to the 810. Is there a firmware update?

To sum up, PEOPLE PLEASE BE MORE VERBOSE in what's going on!! Dish the dirt!

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
You'll have to forgive me as I'm normally just a bystander here. I know a little, not lot. Yes, I updated using Nokia Software Updater for Retail 3.0.8 on my pc. My new info is as follows:

OS version is 8.0.1327.77
Firmware revision 3043.0000.1326.0017
Radio sw version: 2.0.092064.3

I now have Data Sense, Storage Check and under extras+info it says Software Release: Lumia Amber

From what I can tell, I don't have FM or the low drain clock dealio that I've seen on youtube but perhaps I need to activate those. My phone is currently churning hard at reinstalling the 25-30 or so apps I had from before the update (installing this update essentially performed a hard reset) Thank god for backups!

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Nokia SW updater.
FW: 1326
No FM Radio
No WFC
Storage check installed.
Data sense installed.

that's about it folks.

thank you!!!

So, I've forgotten what my 810's firmware was, but 1326 is certainly an update. Given the 810 has gotten Storage Check and there may be improvements to storage handling under Amber, perhaps the 810 will be much better at handling it's memory.

I will be SUPER interested in this idea. If it pans out that the 810 handles memory much better than before, maybe I will try to pick up a cheap one somehow. That you for the information and keep it coming, especially about how the 810 handles memory over time with the new updates!!!!

thanks!!!!

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
low battery clock on the lockscreen is called Glance if I am not mistaken and I believe is under the display section

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It also has a new Flip to Silence option under Audio
A double tap to wake up phone under display+touch
also, the on screen clock I allded to earlier is also under display+ touch (slide over twice to a new page called Glance) Pretty awesome little feature to use as a clock

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
low battery clock on the lockscreen is called Glance if I am not mistaken and I believe is under the display section

Correct, thanks. Also, there is a flip to silence option under Audio plus a double tap to wake up also under display.

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I just updated mine through the Nokia software updater. I can't wait for T-Mobile to get around to it.... :smile:

Haven't had a lot of time to mess with it so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs