Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
congrats 810 owners, now lets see how long it takes for T-Mobile to release it OTA

lol my 810 has been compromised (dropped faced down = cracked screen but still functional).. down but not out.. let's start clocking the bastards on how long it will take them to release it via OTA. haha..

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Nokia SW updater.
FW: 1326
No FM Radio
No WFC
Storage check installed.
Data sense installed.

that's about it folks.

No FM radio is weird, can someone confirm this? Also if anyone has the link for T-Mobile's wifi calling app in store can you post it here so we can check if it actually installs and works??

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I did a search for "Nokia Software Updater for Retail 3.0.8" on Bing. A file sharing site had it. I don't have the link handy anymore. Sorry.

The file is 103MB.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I did a search for "Nokia Software Updater for Retail 3.0.8" on Bing. A file sharing site had it. I don't have the link handy anymore. Sorry.

The file is 103MB.

Weird I called Nokia and they said that the Nokia Updater does not work with Lumia 810 and should wait for OTA

Last edited:

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Weird I called Nokia and they said that the Nokia Updater does NOT work with Lumia 810

That may be a case of "It wasn't intended to work with 810" but I can assure you it worked for mine. I can host the updater on mediafire if that is not against this site's rules.

Also, pankaj981, I also confirm that Radio (ie FM) doesn't show up.

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1
  • pic 3.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1
  • pic 5.jpg
    pic 5.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1
  • pic 4.jpg
    pic 4.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Found it software updater for retail.
Erase user data is checked, what does that exactly mean, there is no option not to.

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Found it software updater for retail.
Erase user data is checked, what does that exactly mean, there is no option not to.

It essentially means running the update performs a hard reset. So make sure you've backed up your apps, txts, pics, videos, etc.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
No FM, no large clock, no, flip to turn off ringer, perhaps because that is not for the 810 some features will work tho'

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
It essentially means running the update performs a hard reset. So make sure you've backed up your apps, txts, pics, videos, etc.

Back up apps ? I guess it depends on how much the cloud stores it's only 7GB correct ?
All the features of the update will not work for the 810, I called Nokia and they said not to but did reluctantly confirm that some ie storage and delete temp files updates will work.
Also Amber won't be for the 810, 800, 822,920
only 925,928,521,520.

Last edited:

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Back up apps ? I don't think you can backup apps you can reinstall tho'
All the features of the update will not work for the 810, I called Nokia and they said not to but did reluctantly confirm that some ie storage and delete temp files updates will work.
Also Amber won't be for the 810, 800, 822
only 925,928,521,520.

By backup apps, I meant the way WP8 does it, it will reinstall them after the reset without you having to do so manually. Also, it DOES have the "large clock" and it DOES include the flip to silence.

So far the only thing that seems to be missing is FM Radio and WFC.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
we have amber :)
Do you have(see below) or just data, if just data that is not Amber 925 has Amber and all the below
Glance Screen: Clock Charging indicator / low battery Indicator for silent / vibration mode, night mode (change color for night time). OFF by default.
Smart camera capture the best moment: Accidental remove unwanted objects from the scene. Select the best shot and precise moment. Sequense take a group of images with advanced face, smile and blink detection. The, best 'face for each person is automatically selected into a single, best' shot.
Flip: Flip to silence the phone to turn it silence.

dave0538

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
By backup apps, I meant the way WP8 does it, it will reinstall them after the reset without you having to do so manually. Also, it DOES have the "large clock" and it DOES include the flip to silence.

Are you talking about the 810 amber update?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

How about this which is on the 925 Smart camera capture the best moment: Accidental remove unwanted objects from the scene. Select the best shot and precise moment. Sequense take a group of images with advanced face, smile and blink detection. The, best 'face for each person is automatically selected into a single, best' shot.

OK and once when I did a hard reset there was question that was shown and I missed it or ignored it so all my new apps where not reinstalled -do you remember what that was, I don't want to have to reinstall manually. Luckily the phone was new so I only had to install a few.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)