Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Didn't MS lengthen the support period for WP8? It was eighteen months, what is it now? I have this weird thing about expecting appropriate support for the items I buy. The 810 has had one software update since release, and that was back in January. Why shouldn't we expect updates all the way through GDR 3 and Blue? Yea, yea, I know the answer that some always give, because T-Mobile doesn't care about the 50,000 that bought the 810. It's still a cheesy answer...

So I guess people that have low expectations are not disappointed. But I don't like to have low expectations, because to some degree it makes me feel like a sucker. Like I let people stomp on me and what, am I supposed to say "Sure, I'll buy another phone from you so you can f*ck me again."

I have pretty high expectations of TMO to be honest. It will answer, for now at least, the ultimate question of the universe. Will our lovely EOL's 810 be updated... or not.

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
But I don't like to have low expectations, because to some degree it makes me feel like a sucker. Like I let people stomp on me and what, am I supposed to say "Sure, I'll buy another phone from you so you can f*ck me again."

You should have high expectations for everything that costs you money.

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
guys just would like to share this to you..we all know we dont have smart cam on our lumia 810 after the update,, well i find a way to download and install it hehehehe :smile:

first, we all know how we can download the pro cam, uploader and trimmer.. we are also going to use that trick.. but this time we need to use the other trick FIRST. the 1st trick i am talking about is for us to download exclusive apps from other manufacturer (samsung, htc). in fiddler, instead of the "SCRIPT FOR THE MODEL TRICK", WHICH IS USE FOR PRO CAM WE INSERT THIS ....

if(oSession.uriContains("NOKIA"))
{
oSession.url = oSession.url.Replace("NOKIA","SAMSUNG");
}

once we download any app from samsung or htc, we go back to fiddler, and insert "the script for model trick" .. which is...

---you may also change samsung to htc later if you want some apps from htc.. just put "HTC"

if(oSession.uriContains("RM-878_nam_usa_100"))
{
oSession.url = oSession.url.Replace("RM-878_nam_usa_100","RM-893_nam_tmous_201");
}

as you can see i use "RM-893_nam_tmous_201" to replace our 810 model.. i believe RM-893_nam_tmous_201 is lumia 925.. then try to download smart cam.. viola!!!! there is the option now to download it.. BUT wait! although you may now select install ..it may not download...if that is the case..go to you wifi settings 1st then turn off the proxy..then try to download it again...this time im pretty sure its gonna be ok...

let me know guys if you were able to do so..

wp_ss_20130808_0002.png

Last edited:

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I wish I knew what how to do that - for me it's one big huh ?:confused:
I did install Amber that was "easy", and when the 117.137.139.179 Port 8888 worked that was easy to get apps not for the 810 or this country.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
There is a thread here in wpcentral about being able to download nokia pro cam.. That should get u goin..
I've seen it - I'm right brained not left.
I need
Step 1 Step 2....(paint by numbers)
and I don't want to spend 5 hours googling.
Besides A camera doesn't create photographs the photographer does.
My avatar pic was taken using a $5. Kodak Instamatic camera using 126 film ( 26 X 26 mm negative )
Thx tho'

Last edited:

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I've seen it - I'm right brained not left.
I need
Step 1 Step 2....(paint by numbers)
and I don't want to spend 5 hours googling.
Besides A camera doesn't create photographs the photographer does.
My avatar pic was taken using a $5. Kodak Instamatic camera using 126 film ( 26 X 26 mm negative )
Thx tho'

Everyone knows that.... and I don't see anyone here arguing against that.
The problem is, in the digital age, using a camera phone entails digital processing of photos where so much information is lost that you want to have as much control with how you snap it, point in favor for having Pro Cam. Point against is that it is still creates a lossy format. Coming from experience in imaging and optics spanning from nanoscale to light years and in between, control of image acquisition and digital processing makes a helluva lot of difference. If there was a picture perfect moment and you only had your Lumia with you that would, in auto mode, ruin your shot by over-or-underexposing, or maybe focus on the wrong subject, or the white balance is thrown off, wouldn't you want it to not do those things?
Anyway, no ones forcing anyone to install the app.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Everyone knows that.... and I don't see anyone here arguing against that.
The problem is, in the digital age, using a camera phone entails digital processing of photos where so much information is lost that you want to have as much control with how you snap it, point in favor for having Pro Cam. Point against is that it is still creates a lossy format. Coming from experience in imaging and optics spanning from nanoscale to light years and in between, control of image acquisition and digital processing makes a helluva lot of difference. If there was a picture perfect moment and you only had your Lumia with you that would, in auto mode, ruin your shot by over-or-underexposing, or maybe focus on the wrong subject, or the white balance is thrown off, wouldn't you want it to not do those things?
Anyway, no ones forcing anyone to install the app.

Of course, I was just musing on the pitaness of it ( for me anyway) to acquire Pro Cam. I wasn't saying I feel forced. You can get manual focus, manual ISO, manual shutter speed ( up to 1/6000 sec) control, manual WB control -manual everything in ProShot ( except for that damn fixed f/2.2 aperture) and Pro Cam would be fun AND Nokia shouldn't make it model specific ( I don't get ) as long as it able to work in any model -why make it exclusive ? Do peeps really try to show up people and say I have this cool app and you lowly 810 owner can't -is that what Nokia is after ? Anyway no big deal.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Another update has been spotted....another update will be bypassed by T-Mobile.
Well that's sad :( but it could be like how ms does with new OS you know they have builds and work on them until they get a build they like and release then ..... But then again it's T-Mobile the operator that is d**k rider on the iPhone and in love with android :/ but back on topic they could be builds that they "could " be working on . Only time will tell

wiseguywood

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
If you download the torrent, you can still install it. Make sure you click 'work offline'. If you don't all you can install is the .1250 version instead of .1326. I have the update files, just don't want to reinstall apps... 810 update.JPG

Maynjo

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd really like to get this file, but it will not download... any direct links to download from? Also, does my phone have to be unlocked for this to work?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd really like to get this file, but it will not download... any direct links to download from? Also, does my phone have to be unlocked for this to work?

No it's gone someone save it as an rar torrent don't know if it's still active you have to search in the threads for the link to see.
Doesn't have to be unlocked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss