Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

Maynjo

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
No it's gone someone save it as an rar torrent don't know if it's still active you have to search in the threads for the link to see.
Doesn't have to be unlocked.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I know, I'm trying to download the torrent, but there are no seeds.

wiseguywood

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, I'm using utorrent and it looks as if there are 6 seeds and 1 peer using DHT, doesn't appear as if anyone is d/l the file. (yep I am seeding it as well)

seabrew

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I got really excited that I could get FM Radio back (i.e. from WP7 functionality). I download / installed the update. Unfortunately, FM Radio is not present in Music + Videos...what a disappointment. I wish I didn't buy this phone and waited for the 925.

Last edited:

markdotinc

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I got really excited that I could get FM Radio back (i.e. from WP7 functionality). I download / installed the update. Unfortunately, FM Radio is not present in Music + Videos...what a disappointment. I wish I didn't buy this phone and waited for the 925.

I too wish I had waited a bit, but I have no confidence in T-Mobile supporting the 925 much longer. Should have gotten a 920 from Canada

Sigh... so much for being an early adopter...

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for T-Mobile to officially update the Nokia Lumia 810 (see this thread title :))

Don't take that as a smart remark, but I'm waiting to see how long or even if at all, T-Mobile, Nokia, or Microsoft takes responsibility for this phone.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for T-Mobile to officially update the Nokia Lumia 810 (see this thread title :))

Don't take that as a smart remark, but I'm waiting to see how long or even if at all, T-Mobile, Nokia, or Microsoft takes responsibility for this phone.

Perhaps there is arrogance on my part as well, but i came to WP8 as my daily driver so I didn't have to flash. Whenever I want to hack and flash, I pull my Galaxy Nexus out, and even with that, there are only SO many good ROMs to use.

I'm with the Dr on this one. I will wait it out. I actually am more curious about HTC sending out the update than Nokia at this point. As people have heard me say before, the 8xx series has become a lost line for Nokia in the mid range game.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
@MSFTisMIA....not to mention that that particular update that everyone is flashing, as pointed out, isn't even meant for the Lumia 810...missing features, unstable firmware...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
@MSFTisMIA....not to mention that that particular update that everyone is flashing, as pointed out, isn't even meant for the Lumia 810...missing features, unstable firmware...

And that is why I haven't flashed. If all the features were listed, I would have taken the chance to flash it. To me, the biggest thing is the Other storage fix. People keep hyping up the "Glance" feature. As cool as it is, I've owned Symbian phones before so I know about this already. Nothing to cartwheel over there.

Honestly, I like the 925. I like the 1020 a bit more. I won't buy a 925 from t-mo because of this stunt they pulled with the 810. So you decide to be an early adopter in good faith and because your carrier overpriced, under promoted and marginally sold the phone you bought, they EOL'ED it and have people thirsting for even the slightest update like a waving a new credit card in front of a shopaholic standing outside their favorite store during a blowout sale.
Guess I'm over it. I will wait until (if ever) they send this out. The phone still works, although my other is a pain in the ***.

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
i can only see one prob after i flash my 810, and. I think it is photo quality..the rest is working fine. Other storage was fix.i dont see it even reaching 600mb.. No fm... Ouch 😊 it should be here as amber is now installed but perhaps the hardwware is not really present on our device.. :|

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I think your taking it out of context the sw updater is what's mentioned not to be 810 friendly not the fw. As for stability I've been running it since Nokia had it on their servers before they took it down and have had one reboot since then. The camera's noise is present in the view finder but takes super clean pics in the dark no flash using the Pro Cam app much much better. Storage check beta is still better at allocating your maps to SD. As far as stability so far it's been pretty good I think it's way more stable than 1250 fw no doubt. It doesn't do weird things in the field like locking up or having to soft reset the thing so far this hasn't happened unlike the 1250 fw.

No need to worry about flashing if you don't like it you can flash back no big deal. But if your worried about wiping the phone then wait for the official OTA if and when it's ever released it could be October the way things are looking. WFC and FM isn't a big deal to me the Amber update is what this phone needed and needed bad and I for one am glad I flashed it. If the fw wasn't meant for the 810 it just plain wouldn't work or for that matter load period. Nokia has a track record for releasing early fw's then pulling the plug so it's not something out of the ordinary by no means.

booyasaka

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
i can only see one prob after i flash my 810, and. I think it is photo quality..the rest is working fine. Other storage was fix.i dont see it even reaching 600mb.. No fm... Ouch �� it should be here as amber is now installed but perhaps the hardwware is not really present on our device.. :|
HUH. I noticed too that the photo quality is lower than usual....and I thought it was just me.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
HUH. I noticed too that the photo quality is lower than usual....and I thought it was just me.

I really only notice noise in the live view, the picture doesn't have any more noise than before even with the built in. I've compared before and after images, the same ISO, same scene and expose on a 26 " monitor and they both look the same on a Samsung widescreen 26-inch LED monitor that cost over $600.

Chuck Frey

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

I talked to a "Dion " @ T Mobile support last night about a problem syncing my E-mail (Had an error code ) and out of the blue he mention the grd2/amber update should be released in about 2 weeks and to keep looking for it ! ....I hope that this is a good sign that we will get the update . So I will wait a couple weeks more before I flash my phone .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb