Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
One tiny complaint so far, I kind of preferred the old setup with game apps only appearing in the games folder. Now they appear in the master app list and can only be uninstalled from there. Just seemed to make more sense the old way. I install a game, run it from the Game app, don't like it, uninstall. Now, I have to back out after playing it, goto the crazy long app list, find it and uninstall. Might only be an extra step and a half, but hey, I'm allowed to nitpick a little :)

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Weird, it took me several attempts to get the "install" press to register. Especially on the terms and conditions page.

I'm in the gear mode now on the second update, wish me luck :amaze:

Pale Justice

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Done..loving the apps to sd... :D

Just installed temple run 2 on the sd and ran it

I was under the impression that we needed the Nokia firmware update (which we're obviously not getting) to enable this. If it turns out it works with just the 8.1 update this is the best news I've heard all day!

JuryDuty

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
@Daren Kellner--yeah, it's very slick. Just log in on the MS dev page with your MS ID and MS says, "Hey! You're a developer!" and suddenly the download becomes available on your phone.

Works slick for me. Cortana works nice--especially love that it has a SoundHound-like feature built-in that will identify any song with a button press!

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Not only does it work fine, it runs smoother. Also, under NFC settings, Tap to Pay is an option, but it notes a secure payment sim is required. IDK if it'll work since i lack such a sim card to test it with.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Not only does it work fine, it runs smoother. Also, under NFC settings, Tap to Pay is an option, but it notes a secure payment sim is required. IDK if it'll work since i lack such a sim card to test it with.
I have a secure SIM from T-horrible, and two credit/debit cards assigned to my wallet. I tried tap-n-pay at work, as we have it, no go. I didn't get to experiment to much today as I was to busy to delve deeply.

I think we're going to have to wait for the Isis app to be released to get this to work though.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
This update is awesome! Now, time to peel off the original screen protector and make it feel brand new again! :p
I agree on the apps to SD. I'm leaving my most accessed apps (anything communication, banking, camera, utility) in my phone memory. All else in the SD card.
I must say three tile columns now makes me unsatisfied with the screen size. Haha!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I still have my 810 although it's idle in its box and hasn't been touched in a few months now. I would looooove to update to 8.1 via the developers' preview, but I'm too chicken to even attempt it. The fact that apps can be moved to the SD card is amazing! My "Other" wasn't that terrible as it was just over 1GB, but this would sure be nice. I'm actually holding onto my 810 now to give to my mother in case something goes wrong with her 620. I don't think she'll care about moving apps to SD card, though since she uses her 620 without one!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa