Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

KorJax

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
FWI it appears 8.1 INCLUDES everything from Nokia Black

I can install all the black apps with 8.1, and I get glance screen notifications. Awesome!!

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I still have my 810 although it's idle in its box and hasn't been touched in a few months now. I would looooove to update to 8.1 via the developers' preview, but I'm too chicken to even attempt it.
Do it! It's doing fine on my phone.

You are in a unique position that you could just install the preview, then do a reset and try it as a fresh phone.

If you don't like it, you can use the NSR tool to take it back.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
FWI it appears 8.1 INCLUDES everything from Nokia Black

I can install all the black apps with 8.1, and I get glance screen notifications. Awesome!!

You can have notifications without Black, it doesn't have Black or anything exclusive to Black, Black is firmware this is OS.
Which "black apps" are you talking about ? App folder is available without Black so....:confused: If you can't install Nokia Beamer or Nokia Motion Monitor then it appears that you need the Black firmware.

Please explain what you exactly mean -thx.

Last edited:

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I noticed something after a hard reset and updates my SMS and calling filter doesn't work anymore. As in it doesn't launch :-o

Go into the store, open setting's, and tap "check for updates" Also, both Extras+Info must be up to date, and the Call+SMS filter app (which is not listed in SysApp Pusher).

call+SMS filter | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
extras+info | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

What does calling and sms filter mean?

It allows one to block calls that appear in your call list, as well as blocked/unlisted numbers.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Go into the store, open setting's, and tap "check for updates" Also, both Extras+Info must be up to date, and the Call+SMS filter app (which is not listed in SysApp Pusher).

call+SMS filter | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
extras+info | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

It allows one to block calls that appear in your call list, as well as blocked/unlisted numbers.
at first I did do that and it still did work so when I did was hard reset and then didn't chose a backup option and start clean and its back. false alarm :p but I did see something funny before I got extras and info was that I went to the field test area and I saw the drop down menu for 2g,3g and 4g. so you know I clicked 4g just for fun and I went outside to get LTE ._. but before I got to take a screen shot my phone updated and poof it went away

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

Yes it is, it's listed in the Nokia folder under systems after audio and before display
it's a bright orange shield, you can't miss it. ( I guess you did tho') :smile: and if you don't see it you must have not
updated SysApp Pusher for 5 months.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is, it's listed in the Nokia folder under systems after audio and before display
it's a bright orange shield, you can't miss it. ( I guess you did tho') :smile: and if you don't see it you must have not
updated SysApp Pusher for 5 months.

I would swear its not in there on my phone... Oh well.

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Call + SMS filter work just fine on the Lumia 810 after you apply the update...

Also if any of you have NOT updated to Windows Phone 8.1 I HIGHLY recommend that you do so for the following reason:

YOU CAN PUT YOUR APPS ON YOUR SD CARD

Since I use the official mSDHC card recommended by Nokia, I have noticed that ALL of my apps launch FASTER than they did on internal memory. That is a Bonus

The other reasons include the quiet time option where the phone is quiet between hours A and B (you can select contacts that ring through automatically)
The extra row of ICONS on the start screen

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
call + SMS filter and extras + info both open and work fine on my 810 post update. I have a class 10 mSDHC card by SanDisk and works like a breeze on my phone. I only have 5GB free of my 16GB SD card:)
Oh, i have it. Me& Mr Lebowski were speaking of whether SysApps Pusher has it.

Got my new Class 10, 16GB Sandisk microSDHC Card today. :)

Already have some games on the SD Card. Also using exFAT with smallest allocation size.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Oh, i have it. Me& Mr Lebowski were speaking of whether SysApps Pusher has it.

Got my new Class 10, 16GB Sandisk microSDHC Card today. :)

Already have some games on the SD Card. Also using exFAT with smallest allocation size.

You were saying it doesn't have it. I guess this is a Photoshop job ? try updating SysApps Pusher :winktongue:

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140421_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20140421_0001.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 7

howard mai

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, i have a little problem with adding outlook email account on my phone.

For using this phone, i had used my outlook email account (@live.com) for microsoft account and Outlook. And i didn't have any problem with both place during using the device. It is already 8.1 now.
But i had one problem in yesterday, my email didn't work correctly with syncing calendar and i deleted it in hopes it will work again when i re-adding to outlook on Email+Account. But everything is negative after trying to setup with my @live account. The phone showed me a message:

" Account already exists
There's already an account on this phone using ....@live.com, called hotmail. "

wp_ss_20140511_0001.jpg

Does anyone here got this problem in past or current? Please instruct me how to fix it.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Just had an interesting phone call with T-Mobile today.

I've been bouncing emails and playing phone tag for awhile now and got pushed up the escalation ladder (I believe I got to the top of the ladder with the presidents office). What I found out was that it was a mutual agreement with T-Mobile and Nokia to not push out the "Black" firmware due "critical" bugs in the firmware with the Lumia 810. They wouldn't go into specifics, but suffice to say, they said they were "severe bugs" that justified not pushing it out.

Now, as for what about getting "Cyan" and WP 8.1... With all my wrangling, open ended questions, talking around the topic, I could only get "We still support the 810". No poking, prodding, or anything, could I get past the standard corporate answer, and that if they get any updates from Microsoft/Nokia that pass QC they will pass them along to the end users. (Man my social engineering skills are slipping).

One thing in all my digging, is that everyone I had conversations with, praised the 810 as being their personal favorite phone (only if they actually used the 810, I did have to deal with some that hadn't, so they had no clue), and they too were upset as to it's current status of EOL. Most of them mentioned the 925, the 521, and the HTC 8X (and a couple model numbers that I haven't heard of, ANYWHERE), but they personally said they preferred the 810 over all of the Windows Phones that T-Mobile offers/offered. Those that had that opinion, said in a round and about way, that they are still fighting for the 810 internally in T-Mobile.

So again... any more updates (Cyan/WP8.1) for our beloved 810's? Sadly, I don't know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99