Ugh. Sound and mic for calls horrible.

a_gunslinger

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
The sound and mic is really bad on this phone. Volume seems to fluctuate up and down. And when I talk to people they say the sound is bad. Took first one back to Verizon because of it and gotr replacement. Now second one has started doing it, but of course a month in when Verizon isnt going to want it back. An a long shot, known issue with fix? Thanks!

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
(shrug!)

I for one have no idea of this problem. I have noticed a bit of "volume variation" but that was really before Portico; after that, I have not noticed it or if it is there it is small enough that I do not notice it. I also never get told that people can't understand me and talk to my wife on the phone often (she has the same L822 also).

Is it possible that it is coverage related?

If you make a call over Skype let's say (when you are on WiFi) - does the same bad mic / mic problems come up?

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I've only had issues like this based on which Bluetooth headset I was using. My voice is very low, so some Bluetooth sets clip pretty badly. It's turned into an expensive hobby buying different sets. So far, jabra and plantronics has the best voice fidelity, LG has the best battery life and A2DP music capability. Very rarely do I use the phone without one of em, as the sound quality is great. I have a Jabra pro 9470 for work, an LG HBS-730 for non-work/music and a Plantronics voyager UC for if they die. Which happens very rarely,so will give it to my wife or daughter as it's better than a jawbone.

a_gunslinger

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies! Possibly reception/coverage. But Im in the same areas I used to be in when I had the Android. Think its the phone. Can pick up my wifes phone and make the same call from the same spot and no issues.

What version is Portico. I probably have it as Updates say Im up to date and phone is only a month old.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss