is there anything i can do to a dead 8S?

rifqi23cool

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
i broke my 8S about a month ago
this device suffers heavy drop two times, the first one didn't do much damage.. maybe because i use a hard case cover and a protector for the screen, and when i dropped it, it hits my foot first, and to the floor..
the second drop was caused when i was using headphones and i was cleaning the case and i put my phone on my desk.. my little brother run slips in between me and my desk, hit the cable and slingshot the device like 5m away.. sadly, it was thrown toward the stairs and you guys can guess what happened next... :cry:
i tried to turn on the device.. the back, home and search buttons lit up.. but the screen just dead blank...

the warranty was void because they don't cover damages like this.. they said that this is the user's fault (that's me) :straight:... i don't know if this kind of warranty works the same way in other countries.. (maybe you could share something about this)

so is there anything i can do about this device? is there anything valuable on a dead phone, specifically the 8S?
i just don't want this device to rust, being useless in my desk drawer...
i'm not going to fix this because it's too expensive to fix the screen.. i prefer to save money to buy a new device...

btw, TAKE CARE OF YOUR 8S...
IMG_0359.JPG

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Thats pretty bad. Would likely cost you more to fix than to just get another. I would recommend:

1. Kick brothers *** - Not too much, it was an accident.
2. Look for a used device for replacement.

rifqi23cool

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow. Thats pretty bad. Would likely cost you more to fix than to just get another. I would recommend:

1. Kick brothers *** - Not too much, it was an accident.
2. Look for a used device for replacement.

lol i wont kick my brother, he's too young to be kicked :p
btw, is it possible if i open up the device, take the parts like microphones, speakers etc and sell it somewhere?
i broke some phones in my past.. after i found it more expensive to fix than to purchase another, i open up and sold the batteries, track pad, keypads etc.. but how about this one?

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
You could sell it for parts on sites like ebay. I don't know if opening the phone is good, since the screen is supposed to be glued on tight. Still, I've seen broken 8S go for around $50, but they were in a bit better shape. As for replacing it, I think VM Canada has the 8S contract free for $150, but I think it's locked to their network.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire