Should i trade in my old 8S for the Lumia 520?

StreetNerd

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello WPC!

should i do this? i can trade it for a brand new L520.

and going to give it to my mom.

is this a downgrade? the only think i hate bout the 8S is the 4gb memory.

Here maps would be also a great feature

tnx

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ehm... My friend's got the 520. It's a cool device but lately she's got troubles with the Accelerometer... She has to restart her phone to make it work everytime it gets broken. That's my only complaint about 520 :).
But I think 8S looks better. It's up to you. The Nokia apps... We barely use them.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello WPC!

should i do this? i can trade it for a brand new L520.

and going to give it to my mom.

is this a downgrade? the only think i hate bout the 8S is the 4gb memory.

Here maps would be also a great feature

tnx

Have you checked the bands to make sure you won't be stuck losing connectivity? Other than that, they are nearly identical Spec for Spec. The 8S is a touch lighter (~10 grams) and also has a bigger battery (1700 mAh vs. 520's 1450). The 520 does have 8GB built in but they both have MicroSD slots anyway.

I do not think it would be a downgrade. But it isn't really an upgrade.

rifqi23cool

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
if you're talking about memory, it's an upgrade...
if you're talking about screen, camera, glass panel, it's a downgrade..
just like Curtieson said.. it isn't really an upgrade after all

but i think the 620 or 720 can be considered as an upgrade for 8S...
620 got lower battery cap though.. so the battery on 620 is a downgrade for the 8S..
the other is pretty much the same except the 620 got 8gigs of storage

Motor_Mouth

Banned
Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I would go for it. Nokia is so much better than HTC, plus you'll get a bit more storage space and Nokia support and exclusive apps.

My experience is the total opposite. My Lumia 800's RAM krapped out after about 8 months and I was without the phone for nearly two weeks while it was being repaired. So I decided to try an HTC 8S when my contract was up for renewal at the end of last year and I am much happier with it than I was with my Lumia. I get three times the battery life, better reception, faster/more accurate GPS and I much prefer the size/style of the 8S. The only thing I really miss is the Lumia's AMOLED screen. I never used any of Nokia's apps so I don't miss them at all and the SD card makes storage a non-issue, particularly for someone's mother who is unlikely to be trying to put too many big games on it.

Kon Stanze

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
This is also my opinion. I prefer HTC; top-quality, top-design; hardware and software are fitting...very few freezes, few hard-resets required.
Not so at Nokia-devices.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss