Moving to 928

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
What's the best way to migrate all my contacts and email account info to a new 928 that I will be getting today?

My current Trophy's mini-USB does not work so any process is going to have to be via the cloud.

I try to make sure all my contacts are stored to the cloud, but there MAY be one or two here and there this aren't. I have no way of knowing.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
There is an app that transfers all you data from phone to phone via blue tooth. I figured this out after I did a bunch manually so I don't know how well it works but it has good reviews and its free from Nokia. Its called transfer my data. Good luck.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
What's the best way to migrate all my contacts and email account info to a new 928 that I will be getting today?

My current Trophy's mini-USB does not work so any process is going to have to be via the cloud.

I try to make sure all my contacts are stored to the cloud, but there MAY be one or two here and there this aren't. I have no way of knowing.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

If you use Hotmail/web-based Outlook as your primary account, you could just input your contact information into that account and when you add Hotmail/Outlook to the Nokia Lumia 928, all your contact information should load automatically.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all. Got transferred over to the 928 yesterday. I still have the Trophy so I can play around with exporting anything still left in the phone after all the accounts have been taken off.

For those that can upgrade, WOW!!! It's WORTH IT!!!

Dan Tyndall

May 18, 2013
Visit site
jleebiker--I'm thinking of upgrading from my original model Focus to one of the new Lumias. How well did the "transfer my data app" work? Did it transfer all of your texts? After some searching, I've found complaints that it may only transfer 500 texts/only messages received (not those sent by you). Some of these threads are pretty old, and I know Nokia has been updating this app, so I'm curious about how it works now. :)

Thanks,

-Dan

Edit: Also, did it transfer photos embedded in the texts?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I didn't use it. I just added my email accounts to the 928 and called it good. I wasn't concerned with migrating texts. I can see the need though. Good luck!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I didn't use it. I just added my email accounts to the 928 and called it good. I wasn't concerned with migrating texts. I can see the need though. Good luck!

It's really nice once you have a WP8 device and move to another WP8 device, the built in backup works great. I had a HTC 8X die on me, when I got my replacement, it just loaded all my contacts, texts, account settings up, it even started downloading all the apps I had installed. The only bad things, it does not save app settings, including save games (all games you gota start over on...it sucks).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss