Dropped My Phone.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Whoa. Tough luck right there with your 521.

Does the digitizer still work? Does the screen still work? More importantly, does the phone still work?

We have a couple of DIY fixers here, perhaps you can ask them to fix your phones :) Or, if you're lucky enough, you could try having it fixed by Nokia. They have amazing customer service if you could live without the phone for some time. (At least here in the Philippines.) Who knows, they could even replace it!

Last edited:

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if parts could be found at this time, with it being such a new phone

I would Just purchase a new one, and try and get the other fixed (if does not cost more to fix it)

SyphonSV

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Is there two pieces of glass? Is there another sheet of glass or plastic?. I think I'll just take the lose and buy another one. It was a good phone.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Slipped out of hand, landed face down.....

What did you do to it? Being a Nokia, you would of had to nuke it to do such damage (not to mention, how do you have access to nuclear weapons.) ...Your Nokia ownership has been revoked D:< /jk

Seriously though, that really sucks. At least it was relatively cheap. Should be easy to get repaired. I would call Nokia and see how much it costs for repair. a phone its cost and caliber should be cheap to get fixed.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Well I guess the screen is glass. Someone mentioned in the past couple of weeks that the screen was plastic. I couldn't find a statement to the contrary. It doesn't have Gorilla glass in any specs I have found but no mention of a glass screen.

essinger

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah screen is glass. Really wish it was plastic as I've got small children who love to grab anything electronic. I've got a cheap LG android phone with a plastic screen and it's awesome. I just hand the thing off to my kids and have absolutely no worries that they'll break it.

essinger

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
BTW you should consider taking the phone to a T-Mobile store and seeing if the manager wants to buy it from you. They love having phones that look like this to help them sell cases, screen protectors and protection plans.

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, thanks for showing us this. Your loss, but at least we now know the screen is glass. Everybody was saying plastic, but this finally solved that.

Jtress

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that sucks. i fortunately have never had a phone crack up like that.
Not that is is any consolation for you, or that it even would have helped... but I did find a cheap silicone case on Amazon for this phone. The vendor originally sent the wrong case but corrected immediately with a case that fit the Lumia 521. I also had a beef with the 521 feeling very slick in my hands. Not so sure that slick plastic back with the beveled edges was the best design..
Anyway, if you happen to get a replacement 521, I have had good luck with the feel of this case: Amazon.com: nokia lumia 521 case

Not quite a Siedo case, but will sufice until Seido comes out with a good case for this phone. It may be a false sense of security, but I have always kept all of my phones in some sort of skin case. Have yet to have on break on me.. yet..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster