Unlocked 810 on Groupon!

David Barna

May 18, 2013
Visit site
What does everyone think about this?
Unlocked Nokia Lumia 810 Smartphone Deal of the Day | Groupon

Do you think it is a true and pure Nokia phone? Or just left-over T-Mobile stock? Notice in the picture the lack of T-Mobile branding on the phone itself. But the Live Tile shows T-Mobile, so who knows... I am tempted to buy it just to find out. What if it is left-over Nokia stock and is carrier unbranded? Too good to be true?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
What does everyone think about this?
Unlocked Nokia Lumia 810 Smartphone Deal of the Day | Groupon

Do you think it is a true and pure Nokia phone? Or just left-over T-Mobile stock? Notice in the picture the lack of T-Mobile branding on the phone itself. But the Live Tile shows T-Mobile, so who knows... I am tempted to buy it just to find out. What if it is left-over Nokia stock and is carrier unbranded? Too good to be true?

I think its a left over stock from T-mobile because the 810 is a carrier exclusive from Nokia to T-Mobile but seeing as its unlocked AND I don't see a T-Mobile branding on the top left corner makes me think its an unbranded Lumia 810 :)
Edit: ok so I was searching on the web and what most websites say is the left over stock from T-Mobile and sold it to Groupon, but again I could be wrong :p

Last edited:

David Barna

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I bought one. Now let's see what comes. Unfortunately it is going to take almost two weeks... I am in a no-lose situation because I just bought my 810 the other day from t-mobile. I figured I better get it before they are gone. If the one that comes is not unbranded, (which I kind of doubt, but I didn't want to always wonder what if) I can just return it to Groupon. If it is unbranded than I am still able to return mine to t-mobile. I figure it's worth the gamble for the cost of shipping it back, or the re-stock fee. I will let everyone know what comes.
Thanks.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought one. Now let's see what comes. Unfortunately it is going to take almost two weeks... I am in a no-lose situation because I just bought my 810 the other day from t-mobile. I figured I better get it before they are gone. If the one that comes is not unbranded, (which I kind of doubt, but I didn't want to always wonder what if) I can just return it to Groupon. If it is unbranded than I am still able to return mine to t-mobile. I figure it's worth the gamble for the cost of shipping it back, or the re-stock fee. I will let everyone know what comes.
Thanks.

Ill be here waiting for your findings because if it is unbranded and unlocked then you have one good phone on your hands but just hope it is so you get better experience than the rest of the 810 users including myself :p

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I think I'll just let my warranty go out, and get an unlocked 920 when my phone finally does break... if ever. I like the 810, but see no reason to buy a spare. On the other hand... I'd be all over this if I was looking for a nice cheap WP device.

David Barna

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I sent a question to Groupon two days ago asking if this phone is a pure Nokia phone, or a T-Mobile branded Nokia phone. This is the response I just received this morning: "This is a Nokia Unlocked phone." I am still convinced that this is a T-Mobile phone. I am sure the Groupon Customer Rep. has no clue. Well... lets see what comes in the mail.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
It is the T-Mobile version, factory unlocked as T-Mobile is not ordering the rest of their stock. At $310, this thing is a DOG with a capital D-O-G... That's just too much for a dead phone... Especially with the 521 coming out at $150...

David Barna

May 18, 2013
Visit site
The phone came today and it is a T-Mobile branded phone. The box was already opened so I used my spare battery to power it up. Someone already partially set up the phone, it did not ask for any account information, it just went straight to the home screen after giving me the sim error/emergency call notification. After thinking about it, they probably needed to do this in order to unlock it. It has the portico update already but the firmware is the same as everyone else's. So it is only sim unlocked like we all suspected.

Oh well, nothing gained, nothing lost. Back it goes.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett