Feh. Wifi calling force closes

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Anyone experiencing this yet? Nothing gets through in or out if wifi calling is on. turn it off and voila! SMS and phone work.

Jtress

May 5, 2013
Visit site
When I first turn on the wifi calling, the app takes about a minute to actually start. The wifi calling tile turns green when it is active. Also, I have my wifi calling set to "Wifi Preferred" in the settings. Dont know if this helps you much.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I had to reboot my phone to turn on wifi calling (I activated it in the app, then turned off then back on my phone.). Also, it takes a few minutes to connect (its not instantaneous), and if you have weak signal or poor wifi connection, it may not work.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I finally uninstalled WiFi calling. Nothing but a mess. It hardly worked, delayed SMS messages, often wouldn't dial out, etc

Hopefully you disabled it before uninstalling it. You cant reinstall the app, and depending on how the WiFi calling works, system side, it could hypothetically get stuck on Wifi calling ON, keeping calls from going out w/o wifi.

And your wifi has to be of good quality and speed, with nothing bogging it down in order for it to work right (AKA: if one person Is using Netflix and the other is playing COD online on their xbox, you aint making no Wi-Fi calls.)

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Deleting it was the best idea thus far. Phone works far better now. It gunked up the cellular side of things, even if it was off ... It basically sucked. Maybe other people have no issues with it but from my perspective it was buggy as hell.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Deleting it was the best idea thus far. Phone works far better now. It gunked up the cellular side of things, even if it was off ... It basically sucked. Maybe other people have no issues with it but from my perspective it was buggy as hell.

Im sorry to hear that... Maybe it was the settings, but who knows now (Having it on cellular preferred didn't work right for me. I use the Wifi Preferred setting.)

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
If you are having problem with WifiCalling not working right.

1)Make sure your account info is up to date. 2)Your 911 Address has to be set in order for WifiCalling to work correctly 3) you must have correct sim tm9190

jpm1532

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I was using an old tm micro sim, called tmo and switched to the tm9190 sim that came w/the phone, works fine now. It took about an hour for the changes to come through from tmo. Thx for the help.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
If you are having problem with WifiCalling not working right.

1)Make sure your account info is up to date. 2)Your 911 Address has to be set in order for WifiCalling to work correctly 3) you must have correct sim tm9190

The 911 address may be a key here. I was having problems and the tech had me check all kinds of things and then he said the 911 address was not entered. Before he would enter the address he read me a disclaimer that I had to accept that basically said their 911 service may not work as good as a land line.

Did anyone else have to accept a disclaimer?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I finally figured out that the 911 address issue was my problem. I set it and WiFi calling started working. I'm using the SIM card I've had ever since I've been on T-Mobile, which is getting close to a year now. I thought maybe I would have to activate the SIM card that came with the phone, but fortunately setting up my 911 address fixed the issue.

The 911 address may be a key here. I was having problems and the tech had me check all kinds of things and then he said the 911 address was not entered. Before he would enter the address he read me a disclaimer that I had to accept that basically said their 911 service may not work as good as a land line.

Did anyone else have to accept a disclaimer?

I entered my address in the Account app on my phone, so I didn't talk to anyone. There may have been some sort of disclaimer in the app; I don't remember seeing one though.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I had to reboot my phone to turn on wifi calling (I activated it in the app, then turned off then back on my phone.). Also, it takes a few minutes to connect (its not instantaneous), and if you have weak signal or poor wifi connection, it may not work.

Since I had my 911 address set up the phone is completely different. Before I thought the wifi calling was working but it was T mobile 2G one bar working and I didn't realize it. Now it does not take a few minutes to connect. It almost snaps on or off depending on the signal. There was a huge improvement in sound quality. This is what I imagined what it would be like, a land line with a cell phone.

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it for about 5 days now and haven't had any issues outside of it taking about 2-3 minutes to connect. I just recently switched from Verizon service and was accustomed to a strong signal even in my basement. I noticed so far with my t-mobile service that it drops quite a bit indoors. I can certainly live with it though, especially since it cut the family cell bill in half!
Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been using it for about 5 days now and haven't had any issues outside of it taking about 2-3 minutes to connect. I just recently switched from Verizon service and was accustomed to a strong signal even in my basement. I noticed so far with my t-mobile service that it drops quite a bit indoors. I can certainly live with it though, especially since it cut the family cell bill in half!
Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

Make sure it is working as it should connect as soon as you walk in your house. I downloaded a speed test app and all this did was prove the wifi worked and how well in all parts of the house and yard. Go to the wifi calling tile and select wifi only and try making a call to see if it works.

The wifi tile is red when not connected then blue connecting then green connected. Your telephone tile should say T mobile for a tower connection and wifi calling when connected to your router. Before Tmobile set up my 911 address my wifi calling tile was changing colors constantly and my telephone tile took a few minutes to maybe say wifi calling. Now it is really perfect. Now that I know what to expect I realize it was hardly working before. This is why I am posting because I think users don't know exactly what to look for. My phone was working at one bar and I thought the wifi was doing the job. I think this is the most important feature on the phone!!!................Sorry for going nuts about this.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I remember a disclaimer for 911 WiFi briefly, but I never entered the number. The 521's prepaid sim was used to activate the family plan and that card has no numbers it's just blank. Before the phone came I called tmo and asked them to activate WiFi calling on my Dads account. Phone connected to the home WiFi signal and I was making calls on the phone immediately after. One thing I do know since I've been with tmo for like 6 1/2 years is WiFi has to be activated from their end on their post paid plans, I would assume it would be no different for pre paids. If you go to your account you should see WiFi calling activated after you made the initial call. As far as a certain sim # to get WiFi activated I don't know what to tell you but the 521 I bought for Dad has no # and all tmo did was just activate the pre paid card to our fam plan. Although you eat the 50.00 on the card when you do this but no ties data plans and free WiFi:smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6