charging plate vs. fatboy pillow

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The pillow may collect dust with time, the plate is robust :).
I would rather buy a pillow for myself and a plate for the phone.

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
If you've got the money, go for the pillow. If you ever get bored of the pillow, just remove the charging plate from the inside, and you've got yourself a normal, plain charging plate :)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Originally, I wanted to get the Fatboy pillow, but then I changed my mind and got a charging plate. The plate works just fine, and it's a bit cheaper, so that's my recommendation between the two.

avsef

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
There have been a couple of sales on the charging plates where they were much cheaper than the pillow. I would keep my eye out for one and pounce. I've got 3 plates now, and they are super convenient. I like the convenience of wireless charging so much don't think I'll buy another phone that doesn't come with that feature.

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've got a pillow, but only paid $40 for it. No way would I pay more than what I paid. I've been thinking of getting 2 more charging plates that are on sale right now. 1 for the office and 1 placed in the living room.

Martog

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I bought a cyan fatboy for my 928 from ATT since they had the cheapest price. $55 so it's $5 above the normal price of a plate. I also picked up one of the plates on sale for $25 to stick in my laptop bag. Also, the plate inside of my pillow matches the cover.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
The pillow and plate use the same charging device; with the pillow, it is just stuck inside the sleeve of the pillow.

That being said, I've used both and I feel the pillow is better because it gives you more surface area to toss the phone on. With the plate, you have to carefully place the phone on it or it will fall off. The pillow gives you more surface area which makes it perfect for a bedside or anyplace else that you may want a bigger pad to place your phone on. The pillow also rattles less when the phone is on vibrate.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
You can always design a Wireless charging pillow !!!
here's how I did it.
just buy a baby pillow.
use a needle to create recessed phone shaped thread in the pillow
inside right under that shape place your wireless charging plate
try to use a thread to hold that plate good
congrats you wasted a baby pillow , threads , time , unless you've done a good job .... (then you got a BABY boy wireless charging pillow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos