Great deal on Amazon for Huawei Ascend W1 pre-order.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Is this legit? This sounds a bit too good to be true, especially with the lack of pictures and that Huawei would directly sell the phone on Amazon. As for the frequencies, they say UMTS 900/2100 on their website: Ascend W1 - Huawei Device Co., Ltd.. . It may not get 4G LTE, but it should get HSPA, which should be fast enough for most smartphone users who this phone is targeting.

binthham

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Is this legit? This sounds a bit too good to be true, especially with the lack of pictures and that Huawei would directly sell the phone on Amazon. As for the frequencies, they say UMTS 900/2100 on their website: Ascend W1 - Huawei Device Co., Ltd.. . It may not get 4G LTE, but it should get HSPA, which should be fast enough for most smartphone users who this phone is targeting.

I have been wondering the same, but for that price I'm going to have to give it a shot! I will report what happens.

Last edited:

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I have been wondering the same, but for that price I'm going to have to give it a shot! I will report what happens.

Hmm, further research shows the device makers for sellers of some Net10 phones. This makes it seem a bit more legitimate, but if $100 is the price everywhere I would expect them to sell out as fast as the 520/521 \.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
i purchased the straight talk huawei w1 last week. for straight talk, at least, it uses at&t towers. good for me since t-mobile where i live is spotty. love the phone but i am not a heavy user or gamer so the paltry on-board storage doesn't bother me. i suspect this will be a big issue with a lot of folks, though.

binthham

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
i purchased the straight talk huawei w1 last week. for straight talk, at least, it uses at&t towers. good for me since t-mobile where i live is spotty. love the phone but i am not a heavy user or gamer so the paltry on-board storage doesn't bother me. i suspect this will be a big issue with a lot of folks, though.

Same where I am. AT&T is better in my area (I think I said T-Mobile above by mistake). I'm not a heavy app user either. Is the screen nice? Does it freeze or lag any? I am getting on the 19th and I am hoping I made the right choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon