For those who get their W1 market locked in china

oscarxvita

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Please notice that THIS IS A ROM-WRITING PROCESS WHICH NEEDS PATIENCE AND CAREFUL!!! ANY MISTAKE MAY RENDER YOUR PHONE UNBOOTABLE!!!
STEP 1:Install Driver
Unzip qcom usb driver(one key to setup).zip,Run setup.exe,Select“Free Bld” To Install。
155414upj9ekjmexm7p0du.png

USB Driver
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=475967&uk=806646653

2.Install Microsoft Driver
unzip simpleio.zip,Run installsimpleio.bat as Administrator
155414c3tbfbmrzrv5ltv3.png

Step 2:Install QPST(Qualcomm Product Support Tool)
QPST:
QPST-2.7.399.rar_

NOTICE:if it says it requires IE6.0 or higher,just set IE to default temporarily.

STEP 3:Fix BootLoader
W1 BOOTLOADER
W1-U00 Repair bootloader.rar_

W1-U00 Repair bootloader.rar
MD5:1B1E4217B104D3347AE7BDC5028728F9
SHA1:655C28EE20A2C13801753A3C42B381B4F59C117B

Backup Download address:
W1-U00 Repair bootloader.rar_

W1 Update tools:
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=475968&uk=806646653

W1 US Rom:
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=1721521748&uk=806646653

CAUTION!!
①DO NOT TAKE OUT BATTERY IN FOLLOWING STEPS!!! AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH POWER!

②COM Port Changes in device manager from:Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008→Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9006→WP8 UFEI USB Simple I/O(UFEI USB Simple Windows Phone I/O Protocol)

1.Enter Qualcomm emergency mode:

Stay power off,Use Line or metal connect these test point together as below:
170040aqy9ybb2aq2b3kg2.png

Then connect the phone to computer via USB and keep connecting the two test point until
Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 appears in device manager-COM ,IF there is a question mark ,please manually install from qcom_usbdriver folder.
170038698i6a98h04fbxae.png

2.Click Start>All Application>QPST>QPST Configuration CLICK as below
172217kkmzdqqzsfhk1z0t.png

1722175qs2g5q07o5wig0r.png

3.Start>All Application>QPST>eMMC Software Download,Click “Load Build Contents…” Select contents.xml in unrared W1-U00(C00)Repair bootloader.rar,Check "Program Boot Loaders",UnCheck "Program MMC device", Click Download
180338e1ef7668bye32bbd.png

4.After complete, the port will change into Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9006
212900u7c34cceea4jcauc.png

180338cu9kz99k2nxtasgu.png

5.Then Check Program boot loaders,Check Program MMC device,Select Qualcomm MMC port,Click Download again.
180449wqqiufif3i50frwf.png

6.Wait for it to complete, disconnect your phone.
NOTICE!!! If pops up TO format the disk, CLICK CANCEL!!!!!!!
214145exjjwoledwozeden.png

7.Press and hold "vol -" then also press and hold Power button and connect the phone to the computer, now the device manager will display WP8 UEFI USB SimpleI/O Port.
215643gvbmmmjdp66endn6.png

215644qb9p6657179b9i99.png

NOW it will display this on your phone
224347huw69w7spxadttas.png

Start flashing Rom!!!

Unzip WH62406270ML01Ver1008 and open WH62406270ML01.exe,Password: Huawei
220852rzfpecm1mgfgob5z.png

2. In“Be cautious to select” select “Not Use Safedog”
In Please Select File,click “Firmare”and selcect the rom (*.app) you want to update ,Click “Please ChooseThe Configuration File” and select WindowsPhoneDefaultCfg.Xml in the update tools.
215937kuuln3kwlizefswe.png

After setting, click “Next ”

9 (1).png

This time will not appear COM, click scan&download and update the phone.
10.png
11.png

YOUR phone will display this!!OK!!!!!
13.png

Reboot your Phone and have FUN!!

Attachments

• 12.png
    12.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Martin Ngningaye

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello oscarxvita , i follow your instruction to flash my W1 from step 1 to step 4 . all was ok at step 5 , i unable to continue the dowload button don't appear . i don't know what to do. the statut show error. i have sent scren capture .Please Help me . I hope to hear fro; you very soon.

Regards

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    89.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    94.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    39.9 KB · Views: 600

oscarxvita

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello oscarxvita , i follow your instruction to flash my W1 from step 1 to step 4 . all was ok at step 5 , i unable to continue the dowload button don't appear . i don't know what to do. the statut show error. i have sent scren capture .Please Help me . I hope to hear fro; you very soon.

Regards

you only have to close the apps and run them as administrator, the download will be able to click.

husyuda

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Great... Thanks wooohoooo. i managed to Flash ROM and change firmware to US
Been thru many obstacle and finally did it, not as smooth but as u said need more patience
Why after i changed my firmware, the WLAN hotspot was also dissapeared from my setting?
Thanks to u i can download facebook, tweeter and youtube now
Thanks man, u r the man ;)

hayawan1

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem as Martin, steps 1-4 were ok, but step 5 the download button is not clickable, even after I close and re-open the app. Please help

engdustrial

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I can't add the port in the QPST Configuration...
"There was an error enabling COM. The port may not be working properly or may be busy (-2147467259 [0x80004005])

Help?

engdustrial

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I'm now stuck like Martin and hayawan1, phone is stuck in download mode.
Running eMMC as an administrator still doesn't allow the download button to work.
oscarxvita, any suggestions?

hayawan1

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
That's good you got it working. I didn't. I ended up returnig the phone for a refund, I only purchased it because it was very cheap. I have an iPhone now but will be switching to an Android phone soon, don't know which one yet. I think I'll wait a bit longer for a Windows phone.

caiannello

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everybody.

I had success with the above steps and flashed a ROM to the W1-U00, but I wonder if any of these tools might help me browse a live phone's file system?

I saw that after step 3, because the device manager shows the port as "Diagnostic Mode", I thought I might be able to browse the filesystem using the "EFS Explorer".. but no luck. Besides, step 3 seems to kill the phones ability to act like a phone until all steps are completed.

Instead, I found a way to put the port in diagnostic mode through the phone dialler by dialing ##2846579# and selecting it from the engineering menu. I don't know how much this "Diagnostic mode" has in common with the other, but It does allow the phone to run while at the same time showing up in QPST config.

However, when I try to use the EFS Explorer in this mode, it says that this phone does not appear to support EFS Browsing. When I try to continue, it says the SPC I entered (000000) is invalid and the phone may be unresponsive for 10 seconds.

So if some kind person could point me in the right direction of file browsing, I would be greatly appreciate it!

Craig

pbomz

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
you only have to close the apps and run them as administrator, the download will be able to click.

Hi oscarxvita, I have completed all the steps successfully up until step number 4, the download button won't click. I tried running all the apps as administrator but it still won't work. I have attached the screenshots so you can see what I am getting.

phone1.PNG
phone2.PNG
phone3.PNG

I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out.
Thanks.

pbomz

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
It worked!! I have no idea what happened, even after an entire month of trying without luck. Today,the "download" button just became clickable and I was able to go on with the process to the end. It might help to mention though for those in a similar situation, that you have to make sure you uncheck "Program Boot loaders" in step 5, as there appears to be a mistake with the instruction at that point. (You will see this in the video). The instruction says check "program boot loaders", but you must uncheck.

TATARIN

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Hallo!
I have some problem with phone now.
On Step 6 when pop-up promt for formating, i'am clicking Ok. After this phone is not Powering On, Just vibrating.
Bootloader still flashing, but after phone is not loading iWare uniBIOS FFU Application. Phone just light on black screen.
So, i can not continue flashing firmware, because the phone is not recognazing like UEFI USB SimpleI/O Port.
And now, when make procedure from start is not pop-up screen with promt for formating, and system don't show any disk on system.
Maybe somebody have the files from disk of HUAWEI? So please give me it, i'll try to write it to my phne, maybe it help me.
Or anybody maybe have some idea, how i can repair it.
Thank you!

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hallo!
I have some problem with phone now.
On Step 6 when pop-up promt for formating, i'am clicking Ok. After this phone is not Powering On, Just vibrating.
Bootloader still flashing, but after phone is not loading iWare uniBIOS FFU Application. Phone just light on black screen.
So, i can not continue flashing firmware, because the phone is not recognazing like UEFI USB SimpleI/O Port.
And now, when make procedure from start is not pop-up screen with promt for formating, and system don't show any disk on system.
Maybe somebody have the files from disk of HUAWEI? So please give me it, i'll try to write it to my phne, maybe it help me.
Or anybody maybe have some idea, how i can repair it.
Thank you!
Quick reply to this message

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo