For those who get their W1 market locked in china

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
For those of you running Windows 8 x64, you might want to reboot your computer first and start in 'Disable driver signature mode' (Charms > Settings > Change PC Settings > Update and Recovery > Recovery > Advanced startup) [automatic reboot] (Press 7) to install Simple IO. Then run both QPST Server and emmc download manager under Windows XP SP2 compatibility, and continue with Step 2.

This was a very tedious process to me. I bought a 2nd hand W1-U00 from craigslist for $30USD just for the phone and charger a month ago for dev purposes (and trying out 8.1 on it). I wanted to switch the rom from UK to US. It took me about half an hour to do the whole process because I got stuck on step 5 like some people here, and I thought I'd be stuck in download mode forever! Never again will I flash this phone.

Plazma1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Im getting the exact same error. WSUPPA did you figure out what the cookie not found thing means?

when i press download in the eMMC Software Download, a sign says "image Download failed. Cookie (if present) not received",

Last edited:

dsergey2009

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
i thought i bricked my phone when it showed error on step for "5.Then UNCKED Check Program boot loaders,Check Program MMC device,Select Qualcomm MMC port,Click Download again" But i tried another computer NO GO, so i restarted computer and PRESSED F8, and 'Disable driver signature mode' and BAM it showed success after i opened the program again, and was able to continue on step 5. I THINK ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO BRICK phone.

Dont remove battery from phone.

Roman Caesar

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have Win 8 64bit, Win 7 64bit 2x. I tried everything. On my Win 8 machine I can complete both downloads, but now my phone stucks in iWare UniBios mode. The Huawei Multi-upgrade software does not find any port at all. In my device manager there is a Qualcomm MSM Device (driver installed a tried from various sources), installed OK. But no UEFI Win Phone Driver. When I try to upgrade, there is always just a WinUSB Device. On the other machines the situation is similar, just the drivers in device manager arent OK. But no port found. So, what can I do to complete this process (flash rom) or to get out of the iWare UniBios.... mode to use my phone as always?

Thank you

EDIT: after I tried again and again, I wrote this post. Then I tried once more, changed the USB cable for a thicker one, reinstalled the drivers, and voila, it worked. But now I have another issue: I flashed the russian ROM on my W1, updated OTA for GDR2, installed Preview for Developers, updated to GDR3 and now there is no more notification for another update (to Win 8.1). I read in the MS forum they've stopped that, but I did not know they've stopped notifications for everyone, I thought with the Russian ROM the update to Win Phone 8.1 is still possible, but it is not. Or did I anything wrong?

Last edited:

nrq007

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I tried the 3rd step to download... and there was some error.. after this I'm keep trying but nothing is working for me.. and my phone is brick now.. when I restart just plain black screen.

Here are the screen shot if anyone can help, I'm using Windows 7. Also noted that in eMMc software its showing status is Error as suppose to Writeable or something.

emmc.png

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I tried this GDR2 upgrade, however like some other people Im having problems with the Download Button turning grey after Downloading the bootloader repair config file. I really need some help since my Phone is now unable to start and even a factory reset is impossible. I do see that my status says ERROR whilst in the guide and youtube vid it says ready.

Screens with the problem in attachment
If you know how to solve this issue or how I can bring back my Phone back to factory settings Id greatlly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Frederik

you have to run the application as Administrator

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I tried the 3rd step to download... and there was some error.. after this I'm keep trying but nothing is working for me.. and my phone is brick now.. when I restart just plain black screen.

Here are the screen shot if anyone can help, I'm using Windows 7. Also noted that in eMMc software its showing status is Error as suppose to Writeable or something.

View attachment 63788

you have to run as administrator

nrq007

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
when I try to run as Administrator the eMMC app it doesn work and give me an error "Failed to connect to QPST server."

Note here that my QPST configuration shows that Server Running... and I have made sure that "Accept Client connection" is checked. I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

nrq007

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
when I try to run as Administrator the eMMC app it doesn work and give me an error "Failed to connect to QPST server."

Note here that my QPST configuration shows that Server Running... and I have made sure that "Accept Client connection" is checked. I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

Done ! I had to run both QPST Config and eMMc app as Administrator. Also in first step 3 with loading contents.xml on COM Port 8 I got download completed without error message, but my phone was not coming up again with different COM port with diagnosis, so I had to wait for few minutes and then disconnect and connect the USB port again and it was showed up Diagnosis on COM9 and then I was able to proceed with step 4. Rest of the steps went through without any glitch and phone is running great so far.

nrq007

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry spoke too early... although phone is working fine but when I inserted AT&T sim card.. I got NO SERVICE in the call button. so its not working for me over AT&T and I have no idea how to verify if its Locked or not.

omarmd1986

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Im getting the exact same error. WSUPPA did you figure out what the cookie not found thing means?

when i press download in the eMMC Software Download, a sign says "image Download failed. Cookie (if present) not received",

I am fallow this steeps to flash my w1-u34, but unsuccess. When i press de download button, the app show me de same message.
Do you resolve this problem?
Please could you help me?

motibala

May 7, 2014
Visit site
HI
I followed your instructions one by one BUT in step no. 7:
7.Press and hold "vol -" then also press and hold Power button and connect the phone to the computer, now the device manager will display WP8 UEFI USB SimpleI/O Port.
my computer shows: QUALCOMM MSM DEVICE and I can't flash
please help me

JakeStevens96

May 8, 2014
Visit site
HI
7.Press and hold "vol -" then also press and hold Power button and connect the phone to the computer, now the device manager will display WP8 UEFI USB SimpleI/O Port.
please help me

I'm getting the same problem, and I really need it to be sorted!!!

rico college

May 11, 2014
Visit site
HI
please help me

You have to uninstall the QUALCOMM drivers and also while the phone is plugged in delete the drivers listed in the device manager. Then unplug the device and re-install the QUALCOMM drivers. Then re plug in the device and pow, it should now work.

Hope that helps.

CloudyStorm

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I can't install the SIMPLEIO on windows 8 pc ot gives me an error ):, help?
plus, theres no PORTS option on the device manager, what can I do? ):
in my w7 pc the simpleio installed perfectly, the only problem is that it doesnt have the PORTS option neither .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers