Black 822 w/ Red Charging Cover

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've upgraded to the 928 so my wife now has the 822, but I got her a red charging cover to go with the black launch-day 822. I don't know if they're available retail, but I got this charging cover free through Nokia's dvlup.com rewards program for developers.
She loves it, BTW. :wink:

Red 822.jpg

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Looks really nice! I'm thinking if I get a 925, I'm going to get the red charging cover for that. It'll match my red wireless charging plate! :smile:

DarkKrystof

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering, does the wireless charging cover for the 822 make it any thicker? Or can my wife still use the cases she's already purchased?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ill buy one if you get another. My red lumia needs it
Right now I'm waiting for the wireless car charger to come out, and to see how many of my dvlup points I'll need for that. Beyond that, I don't think I'll be needing anything else from dvlup rewards, at least not that's within the range of points I have, since if I understand correctly, the program ends July 31. We'll see what happens. :wink:

Just wondering, does the wireless charging cover for the 822 make it any thicker? Or can my wife still use the cases she's already purchased?
It does make it a bit thicker - a millimeter or two, I'd guesstimate. Possibly three. But it depends on the case. If you look around this forum, you'll find people saying that the OtterBox and the Trident work with it, so I'm thinking that just about any of the flexible ones will work. Beyond that, it's going to be trial and error.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm....... Looking around, it doesn't look like the red charging cover is available anywhere else. This is weird, given that the one I recevied from dvlup is in standard Verizon branded packaging. Maybe I should stock up on them and put them on ebay. :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit