Lumia 822 not getting detected in PC. Phone Folder is empty

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone...

I'm not able to see any folders in my phone. When I connect my phone to PC, Its detected but it shows no data in PC. The phone drive is empty. Anyone has a solution for this. ???

I tried in both win7 and win8 OS platform... No luck... :( any suggestions.. highly appreciated...

Thanks,
Benny

dlnorton2014

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, my Lumia 822 had the same problem. I've had to factory rest this device a plethora of times due to XBOX Music+Videos drama, but after I did that, it started working. Try a factory reset (making to back up your phone first, if needed!). Go to Settings and scroll down to Phone Update. Check for that. Let me know how it goes. Best of luck!

WP8addict

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
please don't tell me your phone's lock screen is password protected and you don't unlock the screen after connecting your phone to PC :angry:

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I tried factory reset couple of times... no luck.. I can browse files, if i remove my mem. card and then plug in the phone.

@WP8addict : i tried after unlocking the screen and then plugging to pc. Still the same problem. Phone drive is empty.. if mem card is in its slot. I can see the files, only if memory card is taken out and then ph is connected to PC. Any1 else facing the same issue???

Thanks,
Benny

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I am not understanding this.

If you have an SD card in the phone, then when you plug in the phone to a PC, it should show you two "containers" - "phone" and "sd card".

If you use the SD card and have it as a default location for photos / music, it is possible that no actual data will be visible on the phone itself (you should still see the folders though).

Are you saying that both of those locations appear empty (no folders/files) when you connect the device and unlock?

Here is a weird suggestion: did you try a different USB cable?

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
@bigboy29 - If you have an SD card in the phone, then when you plug in the phone to a PC, it should show you two "containers" - "phone" and "sd card"... - Exactly, but instead I cant see any folders. The PC detects the phone, it appears as a drive.. but no folders and files inside. But if i remove the memory card from phone and then connect to PC, all folders and files stored in phone are listed without any prob. Hope you understood now, what i'm referring to..

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to bump an old thread but this is happening to me now (screenshot attached)
Phone detected, icon appearing but no SD and Memory folders.

This is the first time it has happened in a couple of months but ironically, also it's the first time I'm using the cable that actually came with the phone - I was using one from a L800 before, not that it should matter
I have 4 x USB ports on my laptop and I have tried all four and still the same result.

Weird.
L820_no_usb.png

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Solved this problem.

Corrupted files on my memory card was the problem. Removed everything, reformatted and all fine. This was also stopping
me sharing photos on Facebook, weirdly.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Solved this problem.

Corrupted files on my memory card was the problem. Removed everything, reformatted and all fine. This was also stopping
me sharing photos on Facebook, weirdly.

I'm having a simular issue.
How did you find the corrupted files? How did you know they were corrupted?
What steps did you take? Did you lose any of your files on the card?
Did you reformat the sd card with the Phone or with a computer?
Once it was fixed, were you then able to see both the phone and the SD card in file explorer?
Were you able then able to copy the music files from the phone to the SD card?

Sorry so many questions. Just want to know what you did and if it worked.
Thank you,
Kevin

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
The corrupted files were all in my Music folder and were easy to spot because there were hundreds of folders with titles such as ?%&?!!! etc. in random top level artist folders which were uncorrupted.

As it was only music (which I had copies of anyway) I just reformatted the card from the phone and reinstalled everything.

I narrowed it down by deleting folders and the ones containing corruption wouldn't delete.

Once reformatted all was viewable again in Explorer.

Its all down to syncing and copying via the USB cable which gives the music duplication error too. I don't trust the cable for anything except PC charging now. If I want to sync/copy music I remove the card and put it in an SD adapter. Its a ball ache but until MS fix it, its the only way.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)