phone wont boot past blue screen of death

Tracy Cousins

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
omg it's still happening, if i push the up button it ask me do i want a custom os system, i say yes and press up and it's just sits there for an hour on the same screen sayig downloading, then i stoped that then i did the down button and it's back to the same thing, it wont boot up to the main menue and it wont let me do a master reset I believe, what do i do? how does this even happen, is there a site i can go to to hook my phone up and let the computer do it'?

skerro

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: phone wont boot past blue screen of death.......nokia lumia 520

I just got my Nokia Lumina 521 two months ago. I just got the BSOD yesterday. I just tried to

-power on, press and hold volume down button..
Then volume up, volume down, power...and it still gives me blue screen.any thoughts to fix this issue

Shawtyy24

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Idk how that's supposed to work mine doesn't, mine goes to the AT&T thing then to the blue screen then either stays there for a little and shuts off or shuts off right away and I just got this today. What do I do :( SIM card with or without idk what to do :(

bashir koonkaaj

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
did you try it exactly like this: power button, as soon as the phone wakes up then hold the volume down button and an exclamation mark will appear. Let go the volume down button and press in this order: volume up, volume down, power button then volume down again. it should work.

troysyx

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
If you are getting a "Lightning bolt and a gear" normally this is achieved by holding the volume up plus the volume key.

The proper way to reset the device is to:
With the phone turned off, press Power key to turn ON the phone, then immediately press and hold Volume Down key.

• An ?!? mark will appear on the display.
  • Press the following keys in this order:
    1. Volume Up
    2. Volume Down
    3. Power Key
    4. Volume Down

Wow! Thank you so much! I bought this phone on craigslist and this happened as so as I got it charged enough to "turn on". Can't believe this worked right off the bat.

Johan Cloete

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for all the information I was about to fix the phone with a hammer and buy a samsung you save me a lot of money thanks it worked the blue screen is gone and the phone back to normal.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Ah my phone had the blue screen too. Then i did the power button power down, and the rest of the procider now when i try to turn it on it comes up with a 'Windows Boot' Screen. It says i have to insert my windows installation disc and restart my computer. I have No idea what this is?? so annoyed

Really? You see this on your phone??

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I find it cool to see cheap windows phones on ebay because they are stuck on gears when that solution will most likely fix the problem ^_^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon