Fed up with Nokia Music

anton_ego

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys.

Can anyone tell me why there is a feature in Nokia Music called "save as playlist" which appears in the now playing screen? The reason why am so confused is, there is no way you can edit the now playing list, like adding a track or deleting a track or reordering the list. When you click on a playlist, it is added to the now playing list. When you click on an album, the entire album goes to now playing list. So when you want to save it as playlist, it saves the whole album as a playlist, or it saves the same playlist again. In that case, what is that "save as playlist" feature for?

Another question, why is that there is an option to "repeat one song" when I go to now playing list from quick access in the home screen, but it is not there when I play a song from my library? Isn't it crazy that there are two different 'now playing' interfaces when you access it in different ways?

I am so fed up with nokia music, but the irony is there are no media player apps for efficiently using my music library. In countries like India, we donot purchase tracks online and play them. Here it is the traditional way of buying music CDs and loading the tracks into your laptop or mobile device. It is a huge pain for me to manoeuvre my music library in lumia 900.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, on the Lumia 900 you do get Zune. Anyways, let's try and sort this out..

When you're in Nokia Music it's essentially like Pandora etc (in that it's a selection based around an artist), whereas Zune is a "your music" type of player.
When you're in Zune, the repeat one song should work. It always does on my Lumia 920 and HTC TITAN. Can you tell me what player you're trying to do this on please?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Its not possible to create advanced playlists directly from the phone - I've been dealing with it and it seems fine after some time.

I can go to Music + Videos > History & select 1 song that'll loop itself till the end of time

Am also from India and I get my music from elsewhere, what I do is I've loaded all the tracks I have on a hard disk, connected it to my router (so its wirelessly available on the laptop), installed a program called MediaMonkey on my laptop (Since I need to manage 100GB+ Music), on my laptop I rate the songs from 1 to 5 and copy the top rated ones into the phone using the app itself. Sounds like a lot of pain but hey, I only listen to what I love and not some random song which I'll struggle skipping :p. I hope it'll give you some idea and you can use it.

Ask me if you need anything else.

anton_ego

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, I am using Nokia Music. It has "My music" which lists all the tracks that I synced into my lumia. When I open Nokia Music app and play a track, it shows a UI like this: WP_000336.jpg
On the top you can see repeat, shuffle and lyrics buttons.
But when I drag down the quick access from home screen and click on the track title, it shows this UI:
Picture1.jpg
Right of the album cover you can see repeat, shuffle and favorite.
It is not possible to "repeat single track" in the first UI but it is possible to do so in the second. Isn't it a serious design flaw to have two UIs for 'now playing' each having different features? It is sometimes irritating even though some may perceive it as silly.

Attachments

• WP_000336.jpg
    WP_000336.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 0

anton_ego

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I would rather put up with this "repeat" issue but I find the "save as playlist" feature extremely confusing. Is it Windows being dumb or am I being dumb not to use it the right way? My question put in a simple way: why is there an option to save a now playing list as a playlist when you can't add tracks or remove tracks or reorder the list in 'now playing'? Won't it save the same playlist I just played?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb